PDA

View Full Version : 12) Ratification of the new members of the Board

Christopher Mallon
05-26-2012, 05:06 PM
This item will include ratification of both the OCA Board of Governors as well as the OCA representatives to the CFC's Board of Governors.

Note that Ontarians Hal Bond, David Lavin, Eric Van Dusen, and Robert Gillanders are CFC Governors-at-large for the 2012-2013 year as full-term CFC Presidents in the past 5 years. Should he not seek re-election, or be defeated in an election, Michael Von Keitz will also have this status.

Michael Barron
05-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Dear chess friends,

The following people are nominated for CFC Governors positions from GTCL:
1) Michael Barron
2) Ilia Bluvshtein
3) Vladimir Birarov
4) Egidijus Zeromskis
5) Marcus Wilker
6) Bob Armstrong
7) Chris Field
8) Nikolay Noritsyn
9) Victor Itkine
10) Ken Kurkowski

I would think, we should discuss why people want to be CFC Governors to elect Governors who are willing and able to contribute to Canadian chess development.

Bob Armstrong
05-28-2012, 08:33 AM
I believe we should check with Victor re the spelling of his last name. I believe he uses " Itkin ".

Bob A

Bob Armstrong
05-28-2012, 08:35 AM
I would like to have a separate thread started for the Barron/Zeromskis motion, with it being given a formal 2011-2 motion no.. There should be both a discussion thread, and then later, a " voting booth ". The motion must be voted on by the outgoing board. Thx.

Bob A

Christopher Mallon
05-28-2012, 01:13 PM
I would like to have a separate thread started for the Barron/Zeromskis motion, with it being given a formal 2011-2 motion no.. There should be both a discussion thread, and then later, a " voting booth ". The motion must be voted on by the outgoing board. Thx.

Bob A

As a going-forward motion I would argue it should be voted on by the incoming board, actually.

Bob Armstrong
05-28-2012, 01:36 PM
Hi Chris:

It cannot be dealt with by the incoming board, since it potentially seeks to change the composition of the incoming board. I think it takes the experience of the outgoing board to deal with the issue, especially since it does seek in effect to be retroactive. They have dealt with the old Constitution, and were CFC governors during the new CFC calculation re juniors, and so have experience of the issue.

Bob