PDA

View Full Version : 09d) League Reports - SWOCL

Christopher Mallon
05-26-2012, 05:01 PM
South-Western Ontario Chess League reports to be posted below

Rob Clark
05-29-2012, 05:53 PM
Stuart Brammall went MIA part way through the year I believe.

Lee Hendon
05-30-2012, 12:39 AM
SWOCL Exec

President: Lee Hendon
VP: Chris Mallon
Treasurer: Bob Gillanders
Secretary: Garvin Nunes
Dog-catcher: Vlad Drkulec
OCA RVP: Lee Hendon

SWOCL Governors

1. Patrick McDonald
2. Rob Clark
3. Chris Mallon
4. Lee Hendon
5. Garvin Nunes
6. Frank Lee waiting confirmation

Bob Gillanders
05-30-2012, 07:26 AM
SWOCL Exec

President: Lee Hendon
VP: Chris Mallon
Treasurer: Bob Gillanders
Secretary: Garvin Nunes
Dog-catcher: Vlad Drkulec
OCA RVP: Lee Hendon

SWOCL Governors

1. Patrick McDonald
2. Rob Clark
3. Chris Mallon
4. Lee Hendon
5. Garvin Nunes
6. Frank Lee waiting confirmation

Thank you Lee for stepping forward as new SWOCL president. And thanks to Vlad for rounding out the new SWOCL executive. The returning executives have done a little reshuffling. Our SWOCL AGM was done online recently on this same forum, and as noted there, the executive was far more active on the local chess scene than at the SWOCL level. New blood on the executive is certainly welcome.

Chess in the SWOCL region continues to prosper. Membership is up and we now have added a 6th governor spot. Paul Roschman has offered to fill that last governor spot if nobody else will. I mentioned to him yesterday that we were waiting for Frank Lee to confirm. Paul remembers meeting Frank from the Canadian Junior tournament and was impressed with his volunteer attitude. "The force is strong within him." Come on Frank, jump in.

Vladimir Drkulec
05-30-2012, 11:13 AM
I mentioned to him yesterday that we were waiting for Frank Lee to confirm. Paul remembers meeting Frank from the Canadian Junior tournament and was impressed with his volunteer attitude. "The force is strong within him." Come on Frank, jump in.

Frank Lee has confirmed in email to me. I wouldn't have submitted his name without getting his approval. I will email him a link to this discussion.

Frank is not set up on this board yet apparently. He sent me back the following in email:

Hi Vlad,

I tried but I had to register. I have completed the registration and I am waiting for the permissions to be set so I can reply.

Frank

Garvin Nunes
06-02-2012, 04:03 PM
I just want to note to everyone I built a new site for swocl maybe 8 months ago. The address is:

http://swocl.mygamesonline.org/news.php

With Lee at the helm there is already talk of putting content of the site.