PDA

View Full Version : CFC Assembly of Governors 2012-13 Calculation

Lyle Craver
05-04-2012, 05:08 AM
Members,
Under the CFC's rules I as Secretary am required to calculate each province's allocation of CFC Governors for the following year (2012-13) based on the member count as of April 30th of every year.

The file attached (PDF) to this posting gives the number of CFC Governors each province is entitled to for 2012/2013.

Details:
Under the CFC Handbook each province's allocation of Governors is based on their membership count as of April 30th of each year. The formula is based on 'pro-rata members' which means regular (O) members count as 1 (as do life and honorary members) with other types based on the ratio between the cost of each class of membership and a regular membership - thus a family member pays 1/2, a junior member pays 2/3 and is counted as 1/2 and 2/3 for the purpose of calculating Governors. Each province or territory gets 1 Governor per 50 'pro rata members' or fraction thereof. (Please note that GST / HST is now charged on CFC dues - the calculation is based on the before tax rate which is the same as in 2010 and 2011)

Respectfully submitted,

Lyle Craver, International Arbiter
Secretary, Chess Federation of Canada

Lyle Craver
05-04-2012, 01:58 PM
Attention Governors and Provincial Executives:

Please report the date of your provincial AGMs and your nominees for CFC Governors to the Secretary and the Business Office as soon as possible to ensure your voices count at the CFC Annual General Meeting

(Apologies to anyone who previously read this message and found the file attachment not there....)

Lyle Craver
Secretary, Chess Federation of Canada

Lyle Craver
05-12-2012, 03:05 PM
It has been pointed out to me that no numbers were posted for the Northwest Territories so I have added that - the NWT count is zero. I have replaced the PDF document with the XLS (spreadsheet) that the file is based on. Anyone wishing to get a copy of previous years' calculations can e-mail secretary@chess.ca.