PDA

View Full Version : NEW BUSINESS: 15d. 2013 Canadian Girls Championship (Michael Barron)

Michael von Keitz
04-05-2012, 01:19 AM
As per Michael Barron's request.

Michael von Keitz
04-05-2012, 01:36 AM
As you know, we have approved a CMA bid for Canadian Junior Championship:
10 players round-robin, December 27-31, 2012.

I would think, it would be good for Canadian chess to have the same tournament for girls at the same location and at the same time.

What could we do to make it happen?

Hopefully, CMA could provide place, equipment and TD for Canadian Girls Championship as well - it's not a big burden, if they already organizing Canadian Junior.

I know, some CFC Executive have more close ties with CMA and Larry Bevand personally than I have.
Is it possible to discuss this possibility with Larry on behalf of CFC?

Thanks for your consideration!

Aris Marghetis
04-05-2012, 09:14 AM
As you know, we have approved a CMA bid for Canadian Junior Championship:
10 players round-robin, December 27-31, 2012.

I would think, it would be good for Canadian chess to have the same tournament for girls at the same location and at the same time.

What could we do to make it happen?

Hopefully, CMA could provide place, equipment and TD for Canadian Girls Championship as well - it's not a big burden, if they already organizing Canadian Junior.

I know, some CFC Executive have more close ties with CMA and Larry Bevand personally than I have.
Is it possible to discuss this possibility with Larry on behalf of CFC?

Thanks for your consideration!
I respectfully submit that to declare that "it's not a big burden" is not appropriate. Larry and the CMA made a bid, which the CFC accepted. I guess someone could have made a personal suggestion to Larry, but for the CFC to organizationally somehow pressure Larry and the CMA ... that just does not seem right to me. They have lots to do already! ;)

Bob Gillanders
04-05-2012, 10:56 AM
I respectfully submit that to declare that "it's not a big burden" is not appropriate. Larry and the CMA made a bid, which the CFC accepted. I guess someone could have made a personal suggestion to Larry, but for the CFC to organizationally somehow pressure Larry and the CMA ... that just does not seem right to me. They have lots to do already! ;)

Thank you Aris. That was well said, I agree.

Michael Barron
04-05-2012, 07:35 PM

Sorry, Aris, if I used inappropriate words - no offence intended... :o

As you know, Larry has expressed his willingness to cooperate for the objective to have both 2013 Canadian Junior and Girls Championships at the same place and at the same time as a combined event:
http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/showthread.php?p=16448#poststop

The question is:
How we could move forward?

I would think, the constructive next step would be to approach Larry with suggestion to divide responsibilities.
No pressure - this suggestion doesn't affect in any way the approved Canadian Junior bid.
Acceptable responses from Larry would be: Yes, No, or alternative suggestion.
I would think, it's a normal business approach.

Do you have something better in mind? :confused: