PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Chess Team League

Fred McKim
03-09-2012, 02:06 PM
The CFC Governors have recently given their support to the concept of a National Chess Team League.

IM Edward Porper, editor of CCN, has been appointed League Commissioner.

Brian Profit is going to be President of the On-Line segment of the League. This may include a youth division.

In order for any such endeavour to be successful we are going to need the help and support of people out there from all over the country.

Here's what we are immediately looking for:

1) People to serve on the League Committee(s).
2) Chess clubs that want to be involved in the on-line segment (Sept-Jan), championship segment, if they qualify (Feb-May) or both.
3) Chess associations willing to help set up a framework within their province.
4) List of player names who are willing to play in the league (including the heavy hitters).
5) People with some business savvy to help prepare a professional business plan that we can deliver to potential sponsers.
6) Up to 4 chess clubs for an on-line trial KO tournament later this spring.

I hope to be updating the forum with positive news as we move forward.

I can be contacted privately at fred_mckim@hotmail.com (call me facilitator)
Edward: sherlok7@gmail.com
Brian: bprofit@albertcollege.ca

Pierre Dénommée
03-11-2012, 11:32 PM
Here comes one volunteer for the rule committee.

The CFC Governors have recently given their support to the concept of a National Chess Team League.

IM Edward Porper, editor of CCN, has been appointed League Commissioner.

Brian Profit is going to be President of the On-Line segment of the League. This may include a youth division.

In order for any such endeavour to be successful we are going to need the help and support of people out there from all over the country.

Here's what we are immediately looking for:

1) People to serve on the League Committee(s).
2) Chess clubs that want to be involved in the on-line segment (Sept-Jan), championship segment, if they qualify (Feb-May) or both.
3) Chess associations willing to help set up a framework within their province.
4) List of player names who are willing to play in the league (including the heavy hitters).
5) People with some business savvy to help prepare a professional business plan that we can deliver to potential sponsers.
6) Up to 4 chess clubs for an on-line trial KO tournament later this spring.

I hope to be updating the forum with positive news as we move forward.

I can be contacted privately at fred_mckim@hotmail.com (call me facilitator)
Edward: sherlok7@gmail.com
Brian: bprofit@albertcollege.ca