PDA

View Full Version : is the "latest rating date" posted somewhere?

Aris Marghetis
01-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Hi there, on the CFC website, we used to have a one-liner at the top of the ratings page, that indicated the last rating "run". I cannot find it anymore. Is it posted somewhere else?

Thanks and regards, Aris.

Bob Armstrong
01-10-2012, 12:07 AM
Hi there, on the CFC website, we used to have a one-liner at the top of the ratings page, that indicated the last rating "run". I cannot find it anymore. Is it posted somewhere else?

Thanks and regards, Aris.

Hi Aris:

It is no longer on the site.

I have suggested to Fred that on the HomePage, under the line under " Check Your Rating ", the last update date be posted ( like they did with the CYCC Blog ). Fred liked the idea and said he'd look into doing it.

I suspect it is still on his listl, but well down in priority.

Bob A

Aris Marghetis
01-10-2012, 12:38 AM
Hi Aris:

It is no longer on the site.

I have suggested to Fred that on the HomePage, under the line under " Check Your Rating ", the last update date be posted ( like they did with the CYCC Blog ). Fred liked the idea and said he'd look into doing it.

I suspect it is still on his listl, but well down in priority.

Bob A
Hi Bob, thanks for replying. Dang, that was a handy one-liner from a TD viewpoint.

Would anyone happen to know, are the current website ratings from January 4th?

roger patterson
01-10-2012, 06:35 AM
Hi Bob, thanks for replying. Dang, that was a handy one-liner from a TD viewpoint.

Would anyone happen to know, are the current website ratings from January 4th?

Click on "list crosstables". They are listed in chronological order with the date given. Of course that is the date of the given tournament not the rating date but close enough I would say.

Bob Armstrong
01-10-2012, 07:06 AM
Hi Roger:

I see no reason we should have only an approximate date, although you are right it is something for the moment 'til Fred gets the actual date in.

Bob A

Egidijus Zeromskis
01-10-2012, 09:49 AM

Hope it helps:
There is a file http://www.chess.ca/sites/default/files/tdlist.txt with players' ratings. It has a modification date: Thursday, January 05, 2012 1:00:01 AM

Bob Armstrong
01-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Hope it helps:
There is a file http://www.chess.ca/sites/default/files/tdlist.txt with players' ratings. It has a modification date: Thursday, January 05, 2012 1:00:01 AM

Hi Egis:

That is helpful.

But I think most members don't know about that nor how to access it ( and they are not interested since it is buried in something they are not interested in ). I think something important to the members like the rating update needs to be front and centre on the HomePage.

Just my opinion.

Bob A

Egidijus Zeromskis
01-10-2012, 10:43 AM
Hi Egis:

That is helpful.

But I think most members don't know about that nor how to access it ( and they are not interested since it is buried in something they are not interested in ). I think something important to the members like the rating update needs to be front and centre on the HomePage.

Just my opinion.

I don't claim that it is a solution for everybody. A person just can check his or his friend profile and see if the latest tournament is here.

Fred McKim
01-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Normally the best solution is to simply go to the crosstables page and see what the latest date is.

In a perfect world the date would be on the website front page. We'll keep working on it.