PDA

View Full Version : TSF has developed a new applet for viewing chess games on any mobile platform

Michael von Keitz
12-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Dear Friends,

Nowadays, all of us we use smart mobile phones; Iphone, Ipad, Android, or blackberry in our daily life. And all of us had troubles to follow live broadcast of chess games.

TSF, Turkish Chess Federation has developed a new applet to solve this problem for all platforms. Basically, applet is reading on your mobile browser a pgn file on a server. It Works during live broadcast, or to view game after broadcast.

Mainly it is for all organizers. Who wants to broadcast a game live or not live. You create your ‘pgn’ file on your server and has this applet there. The rest is done by browsers on your device.

Here it is:

http://live10.tsf.org.tr/mobile/

Functions:
· You may select game you want to view

· You may view games during match

· You may view games after match

· Works in any kind of platform

Any organiser who wants to use it please contact us.

best regards,

Ali Nihat YAZICI
President of Turkish Chess Federation

Hal Bond
12-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Sounds great Mike! Have you tried it? Is is as good as it sounds?

Kerry Liles
12-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Sounds great Mike! Have you tried it? Is is as good as it sounds?

I have tried it on Blackberry and it doesn't seem to work at all (at least for me...)

Update: tried it again just now and the link loads the application with a test or demonstration tournament with a game with a few moves. Seems ok.
Yesterday (when I read about it on Susan Polgar's blog, it did nothing at all...)

Looks like the application is available to sites that want to bundle it with a collection of pgns or perhaps with realtime play running in the background?
It is pretty minimalistic but seems like it would work.

Egidijus Zeromskis
12-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Who wants to broadcast a game live or not live. You create your ‘pgn’ file on your server and has this applet there. The rest is done by browsers on your device.

create a PGN - it would require an interface to transfer moves from the board to a pgn file on a server. (possible)
rest is done by browsers on your device - Would it require to refresh a page or moves would be updated automatically when the pgn changes?