PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Chess News - Glitch

Bob Armstrong
08-15-2011, 08:15 PM
I recently inquired on the confidential Governors' Discussion Board, on behalf of a CFC member, why there has been no June 21 nor July 21 Canadian Chess News ( CCN ). Past President on the CFC Executive, Bob Gillanders, advised:

" Tony [ Ficzere - editor ] has had some major computer meltdown problems!

Hopefully soon. "

Bob A

Bob Armstrong
09-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Due to the editor's computer meltdown, the June 21, July 21 and August 21 Canadian Chess News have not been published.

But, as compensation, a " double " issue is now being distributed. Gerry is very swamped with the WYCC preparations at the moment, and is getting the CCN out as he has time. The executive have now received their copies I believe.

Members should be getting their copy shortly.

Bob A

Fred McKim
09-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Due to the editor's computer meltdown, the June 21, July 21 and August 21 Canadian Chess News have not been published.

But, as compensation, a " double " issue is now being distributed. Gerry is very swamped with the WYCC preparations at the moment, and is getting the CCN out as he has time. The executive have now received their copies I believe.

Members should be getting their copy shortly.

Bob A

What happened here is that I received a copy from Tony, as I had been monitoring wrapping up his contract with us. I copied it to the other Executive members, it wasn't an official act of the CFC, although I can see it's going to be perceived as 1st class 2nd class.

I didn't realize at the time that the office would be unable to deliver the newsletter to the members in what I would consider a timely fashion, but we decided this WYCC matter had to be taken care of.

We expect the next newsletter is going to be published around Oct 1 and will be another double issue, to get us caught up.

Please consider sending Across Canada articles to Edward Porper. Contact info is on the CFC page. News - CFC Newsletter Archives