PDA

View Full Version : AGM Agenda

Gary Gladstone
07-10-2011, 10:38 PM
Has an agenda for the AGMs been produced?

Bob Gillanders
07-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Has an agenda for the AGMs been produced?

Yes. It was sent to governors in GL4.
Attendees at AGM can get one when they arrive.

Christopher Mallon
07-10-2011, 11:11 PM
The agenda is always the same except for the odd added item.

Bob Armstrong
07-10-2011, 11:12 PM
from 2010-1 GL 4 ( not yet posted on the CFC Website )

Chess Federation of Canada
Annual General Meeting Agenda
July 11th �� 12th, 2011

PART ONE �� Assembly of Outgoing Governors

1. Registration of Proxies
2. Opening Comments of Chair
3. 2010 Minutes (published in G L 1)
4. Reports
A. President
B. Vice President
C. Secretary
D. Past President
E. FIDE Representative
F. Youth Coordinator
G. Masters Representative
��������������������������������������������
I. Rating Auditor
J. Chess Foundation of Canada
K. Kalev Pugi Fund
L. Treasurer
M. Executive Director: Financial Report
N. Budget 2012 for discussion
5. Motions
5.1 Armstrong/ McKim - repeal of section 14, Members rights
5.2, 5.3, 5.4 Bluvshtein/ Zeromskis - 3 motions on Olympic selections.

PART TWO - Assembly of Incoming Governors
Tuesday, July 12

2. Election of Governors from Non-Affiliated Provinces/Territories
3. Re-registration of Proxies
4. Opening comments of the Chair
5. Elections
5.1 President
5.2 Vice-President
5.3 Secretary
5.4 T reasurer
5.5 Youth Coordinator
5.6 F IDE Representative
5.7 Women Coordinator
5.8 Rating Auditor
5.9 Publicity Officer
5.10 Fund Raising Officer
6. Appointment of Auditors
7. Appointment of Chess Foundation of Canada T rustees
7.1 Four year term:
7.2 One year term:
8. Appointment of Committee Members
8.1 K avel Pugi Fund Committee:
8.2 National Appeals Committee:
9. Bids for 2012 Events
9A 2012 Canadian Open
9B 2012 C Y C C:
9C Any other Bids:
10. Any other business
10.1 Formal thanks to 2011 Canadian Open Organizers
10.2 Bids for National Championships
10.3 2011/2012 Budget
10.4 Rating Proposals re Under-rated Juniors
10.5 FIDE Titles �� International Organizer
10.6 Adjournment

Bob

Kerry Liles
07-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Yes. It was sent to governors in GL4.
Attendees at AGM can get one when they arrive.

Unfortunately, GL4 is not available on the new website...

Ken Craft
07-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Send me your email and I will forward it to you, Kerry.

Kerry Liles
07-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Send me your email and I will forward it to you, Kerry.

- got it Ken, thanks!

Fred McKim
07-11-2011, 08:45 PM

July 11th �� 12th, 2011

4. Reports
A. President
B. Vice President
C. Secretary
D. Past President
E. FIDE Representative
F. Youth Coordinator
I. Rating Auditor
K. Kalev Pugi Fund
L. Treasurer
5. Motions

Bob

Reports given and discussed.

Discussion concerning 2007 CYCC surplus in light of recent forum allegations. We heard from Bob G, Hal, and Michael B on this matter and I was satisfied that all money from Gordon Richie's committee had gone in the CFC's accounts. The fiscal statements are on-line for this item - GL #5 from 2007/2008 has a financial reconcilliation. We are going to endeavour to break this out better in future - as it includes CYCC contibutions, any provincial contributions, and parents contributions ...... expenses presumably include the Karpov camp.

All motions (5.1-5.4) passed. The Olympic motions (5.2-5.4) means that the first and 2nd spare for the two teams will come from the selection committee list of three players (new). As the motion was presented at least 9 months prior to the event it will be in force for 2012.

The Incoming CFC Executive have be empowered to work out a resolution to the 2011 CYCC surplus. Options range from awarding the prize money as per the wishes of the majority of the organizing committee's wishes; to simply placing it in the Youth fund (2011 WYCC in Brazil will be very expensive) as per the wish of the Tournament Chairperson. Compromises could include somehow designating the money to the players of this tournament in some other fashion.

Paul LeBlanc made a submission on underated players and dealing with the issue. He will run for rating auditor, tomorrow. Roger Patterson and I have agreed to be part of a Rating Committee with him.

Tomorrow's meeting will be at 9:30am, not 9:00am as advertized.

Valer Eugen Demian
07-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Reports given and discussed.

Discussion concerning 2007 CYCC surplus in light of recent forum allegations. We heard from Bob G, Hal, and Michael B on this matter and I was satisfied that all money from Gordon Richie's committee had gone in the CFC's accounts. The fiscal statements are on-line for this item - GL #5 from 2007/2008 has a financial reconcilliation. We are going to endeavour to break this out better in future - as it includes CYCC contibutions, any provincial contributions, and parents contributions ...... expenses presumably include the Karpov camp.

All motions (5.1-5.4) passed. The Olympic motions (5.2-5.4) means that the first and 2nd spare for the two teams will come from the selection committee list of three players (new). As the motion was presented at least 9 months prior to the event it will be in force for 2012.

The Incoming CFC Executive have be empowered to work out a resolution to the 2011 CYCC surplus. Options range from awarding the prize money as per the wishes of the majority of the organizing committee's wishes; to simply placing it in the Youth fund (2011 WYCC in Brazil will be very expensive) as per the wish of the Tournament Chairperson. Compromises could include somehow designating the money to the players of this tournament in some other fashion.

Paul LeBlanc made a submission on underated players and dealing with the issue. He will run for rating auditor, tomorrow. Roger Patterson and I have agreed to be part of a Rating Committee with him.

Tomorrow's meeting will be at 9:30am, not 9:00am as advertized.

Interesting development! Please keep us updated.

Daxin Jin
07-12-2011, 07:46 PM
What the final report of AGM today? Could someone update please?

Christopher Mallon
07-12-2011, 08:26 PM
I'm interested as well since I missed the second half after lunch. Had to go home and do water-babies with my daughter.

Erik Malmsten
07-13-2011, 12:46 PM

July 11th �� 12th, 2011

4. Reports
A. President
B. Vice President
C. Secretary
D. Past President
E. FIDE Representative
F. Youth Coordinator
I. Rating Auditor
K. Kalev Pugi Fund
L. Treasurer
5. Motions

Bob

Seeing this long list of reports leaves most participants inactive. Did they travel across the country to listen to somebody read paper? Couldn't reports be emailled and start the meeting by saying all reports accepted, allowing meeting time to be used mostly for interaction? With no time to discuss, all the decisions go back to email. It seems backwards.

Fred McKim
07-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Seeing this long list of reports leaves most participants inactive. Did they travel across the country to listen to somebody read paper? Couldn't reports be emailled and start the meeting by saying all reports accepted, allowing meeting time to be used mostly for interaction? With no time to discuss, all the decisions go back to email. It seems backwards.

Actually, little time was spent on reports.

Bob Armstrong
07-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Hi Erik:

In fact you are partly right - some officers wrote their report into the recent 2010-1 GL 4 ( now posted on the CFC Website - look under the " CFC Info " tab ), and merely asked if there were any questions/comments. Some also had addenda to their written reports on more recent issues that had come up.

However, some had not gotten a report into the GL, and so they had to give an oral one, and take questions.

Ideally, all should be, as you say, in writing in the GL, distributed, along with the agenda, well in advance of the meeting.

Bob

Egidijus Zeromskis
07-13-2011, 02:12 PM
I submitted through my proxy two motions for a discussion. Were they seconded at least?

Kerry Liles
07-13-2011, 02:16 PM
I submitted through my proxy two motions for a discussion. Were they seconded at least?

Who held your proxy?
Perhaps you should ask them (unless it was Bob Armstrong, and you are already asking...)

Fred McKim
07-13-2011, 02:21 PM

What were the motions ?

Egidijus Zeromskis
07-13-2011, 02:50 PM
What were the motions ?

They were regarding Junior championships.

Who held your proxy?
Perhaps you should ask them

It was in a written form in the proxy. Imho, thus it should be not critical who held it. Anyway, it was directed to Michael Barron, and I'll chat with him tomorrow. (Kerry, do you plan to come to CO?)

Fred McKim
07-13-2011, 03:02 PM

It was in a written form in the proxy. Imho, thus it should be not critical who held it. Anyway, it was directed to Michael Barron, and I'll chat with him tomorrow. (Kerry, do you plan to come to CO?)

I missed 20 minutes of the meeting yesterday afternoon, so unless they happened then, I'd say no.

Kerry Liles
07-13-2011, 03:10 PM

I was at the CO last night ... I think that might be it for me (I found it rather hot and stuffy and very few places to sit down to have a chat with some old friends). I just don't see heading down there again this week.