PDA

View Full Version : CFC Annual Meeting - July 11 & 12

Fred McKim
06-07-2011, 01:35 PM
It's getting close to that time again. I remember about this time last year I went all out trying to dream up different committees that we could fill, etc.

I'll try and be bit more economical with my time now.

Bob and I are presently working on the 2011/12 budget. I assume this will be released to the Governors well before the meeting.

There is no Executive slate to be unanimously elected this year.

As everyone knows Bob is stepping down as President, but I'm sure he will do a great job as Past-President. There are a few rumours, but nobody has thrown their hat in the ring yet to take his place.

I have openly said that I am willing to stand again for Treasurer, but certainly am willing to stand aside for others. I expect to be kept busy with the ongoing web project (which will actually see the light of day, soon).

As far as I know Mark, Lyle, Hal, and Michael are all willing to stand again, but for various reasons haven't chosen to say so in a public forum (I apologize to them).

Bob A is willing to stay on as Public Relations Director. He's done a great job and is the first person to take this task on.

Bill, Bob and I are looking at some ideas regarding the rating system and should have a proposal or two ready for the AGM.

Bob should be filling the Governors in on the new Management Committee (still with Gerry Litchfield as our main guy) later this week, as promised.

Open for comments. Create new threads for what might become lengthy discussions.

It's been a fun year.

Bob Armstrong
06-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Hi Fred:

Anna Jin advised me she was going to run for Women's Coordinator again for 2011-2.

Bob

Bob Armstrong
06-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Hi Fred:

You mention you and Bill Doubleday, Rating Auditor, and Bob G, were working on some rating system proposals for the AGM.

Do you know if Bill is running for Rating Auditor again for 2011-2?

Bob

Fred McKim
06-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Hi Fred:

You mention you and Bill Doubleday, Rating Auditor, and Bob G, were working on some rating system proposals for the AGM.

Bob

No, I don't know, but you can try him by e-mail.

Kevin Pacey
06-07-2011, 07:08 PM
Hi Fred:

Bob

I can't speak for Bill, but I doubt that he is running since he is not going to be an EOCA CFC/OCA Governor for 2011-12. After a misunderstanding in which his name was initially put forward to be such a Governor while we were both away in Havana, Bill let the EOCA know he wasn't interested in taking a spot as Governor again. I was the back-up, or alternate, choice for a spot, and hence I will be becoming a 2011-12 EOCA CFC/OCA Governor instead.

If there's any sort of early welcoming committee or info to be provided for incoming Governors, I'm all eyes and ears. :)

Ken Craft
06-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Geez, Fred. That sounds like a slate in search of a President.:eek:

Fred McKim
06-08-2011, 09:18 AM
Geez, Fred. That sounds like a slate in search of a President.:eek:

That wasn't my intention, Ken. I'd love to have more than one choice for every position. It wasn't that long ago that we were really able to have elections....

Ken Craft
06-08-2011, 10:33 AM
I've heard at least two rumors for President (Spraggett's parrot aside). I wonder if and when they will announce their candidacies?

Kevin Pacey
06-08-2011, 11:13 AM
I've heard at least two rumors for President (Spraggett's parrot aside). I wonder if and when they will announce their candidacies?

I don't often look at K.S.'s blog - who's his pet choice, if I may ask? :)

Lately there's a bit of an anonymous movement on the semi-dormant Ottawa CC msg board to bring NJF to the helm.

Mostly jokingly I once asked two former presidents if I should run. One thought I personally didn't need the grief, while the other, disturbingly, was all for it. I'm very inclined not to run (the thought of zillions of phone calls at my home, alone...), though if I've got any other 'fans' I might not mind being wooed further with sweet reasoning. :)

Christopher Mallon
06-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Kevin just make a policy that all lobbying must be accompanied by a $25 donation to the Chess Foundation (per half-hour of lobbying) :)

Ken Craft
06-08-2011, 12:17 PM
That's rather cheap, Chris.

Kevin, KS proposed a parrot as CFC Prez.

Kevin Pacey
06-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Kevin, KS proposed a parrot as CFC Prez.

Oh. A parrot. Literally. I had assumed KS picked someone whom he thought would be a stooge for him that would 'parrot' everything he said. :)

Fred McKim
06-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Oh. A parrot. Literally. I had assumed KS picked someone whom he thought would be a stooge for him that would 'parrot' everything he said. :)

Actually, Kevin was saying we were putting a parrot forward (not him).

Ken Craft
06-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Did you leak that information to him, Fred?

ETA: KS latest:Serge Archambault, one of Canada's few competent International Arbiters, is slated to announce his bid to run for the CFC presidency sometime this week. The popular Quebecer could become the first non-anglophone to occupy that position. Last week Serge wrote me with the news, which ofcourse I look upon very positively.

Bob Armstrong
06-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Hi Ken:

1. Since you have been in contact with Serge on this, do you know if he is also intending to run for one of the two Quebec CFC Governor seats at the AGM? Or is he going to run for the Presidency as a member?

2. Does this encourage the nameless governor musing about CFC Secretary to muse a little harder?

Bob

Fred McKim
06-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Hi Ken:

1. Since you have been in contact with Serge on this, do you know if he is also intending to run for one of the two Quebec CFC Governor seats at the AGM? Or is he going to run for the Presidency as a member?

2. Does this encourage the nameless governor musing about CFC Secretary to muse a little harder?

Bob

I think Ken was simply quoting from Kevin's blog.

Bob Armstrong
06-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Hi Fred:

Seems you're right - no " " misled me into thinking it was Ken writing.

So does anyone know if Serge is also intending to run for Quebec CFC Governor?

Bob