Nov 8-9 26th Silver Star Classic, Vernon, BC
Nov 9 Umbra Olympic Team Fundraiser, Toronto
Nov 11 - Dec 23 Toronto Junior Chess Championships, Toronto
Nov 15 London November Open, London
Nov 15-16 Southern Alberta Open, Calgary
Nov 15-16 Jack Taylor Memorial, Victoria
Nov 21-23 National Capital Open, Ottawa
Nov 22 November Active, Vancouver

This list is certainly not exhaustive. Many provincial associations have excellent websites with tournament listings, as does the CFC website. And now, the new CFC discussion board has this tournament posting board. This is a self serve board. TD's are encouraged to post here themselves.

I am often amazed at how often I hear from chessplayers that they were unaware of a particular tournament. Word of mouth is an important factor.

So check with your friends, local clubs, leagues and associations, don't miss out because you weren't informed.

Denis Nadeau
10-29-2008, 03:03 PM
We have another huge youth tournament coming up in November. We expect over 200 kids from an area of 500 km long at a regular school board chess league tournament. If anyone has a chance to see this, it will be in New Liskeard on November 12. I intend to invite provincial media.

Our school league has a season of 5 tournaments that gather the best players of each school club; it is very competitive, highly watched by parents, teachers and school board administration. In fact, it has been said that chess is the most visible and important extra-curricular activity in our school board; maybe it is because it is integrated in the classroom.