PDA

View Full Version : Search for En Passant article

Gerry Litchfield
03-13-2011, 01:15 PM
From a CFC member;

I'm trying to locate an article in the En Passant magazine that was written by Michael Roland (sic). I'm not sure that's the gentleman's exact name - but I know it's close. I believe that he's been inactive for quite some time ; I certainly haven't heard his name invoked in chess circles for quite a while. His multi-page article analyzed a game that he lost to my late cousin - Steve Ellis. His magnanimous article was exceedingly complimentary of Steve. Steve's mom knows that the article exists and she is most anxious to obtain a copy of it to show to Steve's children (her grandchildren).

I know I have the pertinent issue of En Passant because I've happened upon the article in the past. However, I neglected to flag it and I've have to burrow through literally hundreds of issues in an attempt to locate the article. A secondary approach would appear to be doing a database search for Roland-Ellis games. Unfortunately, I don't even know the date of the game to help streamline such a search.

Do you know of any archivists that might be able to either ideally locate the specific issue of En Passant or at least the game in a database ; if the game can be located, the date of the game could then be used to isolate those issues of En Passant most likely to contain the article.