PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Winter Meeting - Minutes

Bob Armstrong
02-18-2011, 06:25 AM
Tomorrow will be a full 4 weeks since the close of the Governors' On-line Winter Meeting on Saturday, Jan. 22, 2011.

I just note that the CFC Secretary, Lyle Craver, has not yet posted the Minutes called for by the CFC Handbook on the Goverors' Discussion Board, for the governors to comment on. After the Secretary has comsidered any comments, and made any necessary corrections, the Minutes are to be published in a Governors' Letter, and immediately posted on the CFC Website.

However, if this matter is not urgent to any member, then I am more than willing to give Lyle more time to accomplish this quite onerous task.

I would hope that if the governors vote at the 2011 Spring ( April ) Meeting to open the Confidential Forum for the Spring Meeting AFTER the Spring Meeting, we can look at whether the production of Minutes of quarterly meetings still seems necessary ( though this could only be done if the agenda thread " summaries " are done during the meeting, which they weren't for the 2011 Winter Meeting ).

Bob

Fred McKim
02-18-2011, 10:48 AM
Tomorrow will be a full 4 weeks since the close of the Governors' On-line Winter Meeting on Saturday, Jan. 22, 2011.

I just note that the CFC Secretary, Lyle Craver, has not yet posted the Minutes called for by the CFC Handbook on the Goverors' Discussion Board, for the governors to comment on. After the Secretary has comsidered any comments, and made any necessary corrections, the Minutes are to be published in a Governors' Letter, and immediately posted on the CFC Website.

However, if this matter is not urgent to any member, then I am more than willing to give Lyle more time to accomplish this quite onerous task.

I would hope that if the governors vote at the 2011 Spring ( April ) Meeting to open the Confidential Forum for the Spring Meeting AFTER the Spring Meeting, we can look at whether the production of Minutes of quarterly meetings still seems necessary ( though this could only be done if the agenda thread " summaries " are done during the meeting, which they weren't for the 2011 Winter Meeting ).

Bob
I would expect these to be in the hands of the Governors within 48 hours. We took the opportunity of doing a Governors Letter to include a few other timely items.

Ken Craft
02-18-2011, 02:25 PM
6) Meeting Minutes Within 7 days of the close of the meeting, the Secretary shall prepare the Minutes of the Governors’ meeting, and they shall be posted on the Governors’ Discussion Board, to allow for any corrections to be raised. Notice by e-mail shall be sent to all governors once the Minutes are Posted. Governors shall have 3 days to post corrections or e-mail them to the Posting Secretary.

(7) Governors' Letters After 3 days, the Minutes, as corrected if necessary, shall be immediately published in a Governors’ Letter, to be posted immediately on the CFC Website. This may be combined with any other content the CFC Secretary wishes to publish at the same time. As well, the Governors’ On-line Meetings, will replace the tradition of motions being discussed and voted on in Governors’ Letters. Motions filed will now be for the next Governors’ Meeting, unless dealt with by e-mail.

Bob Armstrong
02-20-2011, 05:57 AM
2010-11 GL # 3, including the 2011 Winter Meeting Minutes, is now in the hands of the goverors. Will be posted on the CFC website in due course.

Bob

Ken Craft
02-21-2011, 08:10 AM
I haven't read them yet, just perused them. They look extensive. I commend Lyle on the work he put into them.

Bob Armstrong
02-21-2011, 08:45 AM
I also took a quick look - they seem to give a substantial account of the meeting. Members' should be pleased. I second Ken's comment.

Bob

Bob Armstrong
02-24-2011, 10:26 AM
2010/11 GL # 3 is now posted on the CFC Website, under the menu item Governors' Letters. It contains the Minutes of the 2011 Governors' On-line Winter ( January ) Meeting.

Check out what Governors' deal with in running the CFC ! You may be surprised at the variety of issues that have to be dealt with.

Bob