PDA

View Full Version : 2010-11 CFC Governors – Core Group Attend Boards Regularly

Bob Armstrong
12-12-2010, 03:34 AM
2010-11 CFC Governors – Core Group Attend Boards Regularly

In order to identify which governors were the most active attendees of the 2 CFC Boards ( Governors’ Discussion Board and members’ CFC Chess Chat Forum – the stats are combined ), I monitored the Members’ List feature of the Boards for 7 out of the last 14 days, between Sunday, November 28 and Saturday, December 11, 2010 ( I picked 3 days one week, and 4 the next, and picked each of 7 days, in order to make the record as random as possible ).

Here are the days I monitored and the number of governors in attendance each day:

Tuesday, November 30 – 19
Wednesday, December 1 – 21
Sunday, December 5 – 15
Monday, December 6 – 22
Thursday, December 9 – 19
Friday, December 10 – 17
Saturday, December 11 – 16

Average Governors per day monitored – 18/60 = 30%

I would note that I was asked in the past to moderate my posts on Board attendance by governors, especially re names. I have done that. But the Governors have now been in for 5 months, and I feel that those governors who actively attend the Boards should be recognized for this ( note that governors not named may be fulfilling their governorship in other ways )

For the 7 days monitored, here are the 27 governors who appeared multiple times or at least once ( note that they may also have attended on one or more of the 7 days I did not monitor ):

7 days
– Bob Gillanders – CFC President
- Fred McKim, CFC Treasurer
- Michael Barron – CFC Youth Coordinator
- Simon Ong, British Columbia
- Bob Armstrong, GTCL/Ont
- Ilia Bluvshtein, GTCL/Ont
- Vladimir Birarov, GTCL/Ont.
- Michael von Keitz, SWOCL/Ont., OCA President
- Stuart Brammall, SWOCL/Ont.
- Aris Marghetis, EOCA/Ont.
( note: there are 2 Board Administrators who do not show up on the Members’ List feature when they attend – Chris Mallon, Past President in Last 5 Years, and Egis Zeromskis, GTCL/Ont Governor – I have assumed for the purpose of this survey that they likely attend almost daily ).
6 days

5 days
– Halldor Palsson, Life Governor
- Garland Best, EOCA/Ont.
- Ken Einarsson, Manitoba
4 days
– Phil Haley, Life Governor
- Valer Eugen Demian, Canadian Correspondence Chess Assoc.
- Paul Leblanc, British Columbia
- Ken Craft, New Brunswick
3 days
– Daxin ( Anna ) Jin, Women’s Coordinator
- Ellen Nadeau, NOCL/Ont.
2 days
- Hal Bond, CFC FIDE Representative
– David Lavin, Past President in Last 5 Years
- Nikolay Noritsyn, GTCL/Ont.
1 day
– Mark Dutton – CFC Vice-President
- Hugh Brodie, Quebec

( there is one anomaly I’ve noted – Patrick McDonald , SWOCL/Ont., has appeared on the Governors’ Board, but for some reason this was not captured on the Members’ List feature )

Note as well: Here are 5 other governors with at least one appearance in this 2-week period on one of the days not monitored

- Lynn Stringer, Chess Foundation of Canada
- Rick Pedersen, Alberta
- David Moore, British Columbia
- Garvin Nunes, SWOCL/Ont.
- Gordon Ritchie, EOCA/Ont.

I think the members’ should congratulate these 32 governors for their attendance at the CFC boards, where they can hear the opinions / questions of both other governors and CFC members, and are available to respond.

Bob