PDA

View Full Version : World Youth Under-16 Chess Olympiad

Michael Barron
08-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Dear Chess Friends,

I got the following information:

The Turkish Chess Federation (TCF) will organise the World Youth Under-16 Chess Olympiad 2010 in Burdur, Turkey from 26 November (Arrival) to 05 December (Departure).
Entitled to participate are players who shall not have reached the age of 16, by 1st January 2010, (Date of Birth 1994 and after).
TCF will provide free board and lodging for a team of 4 players and the official, free for ten days, for the applications came till 25th October 2010.

Please let me know, if you're interested to participate in this event.

Christopher Mallon
08-15-2010, 09:29 AM
Why is this event happening in the same year as the adult Olympiad? I thought it was supposed to be in odd-number years so you don't have both in the same year?

Michael Barron
08-15-2010, 10:50 PM
Why is this event happening in the same year as the adult Olympiad? I thought it was supposed to be in odd-number years so you don't have both in the same year?

This event is happening every year - just like WYCC.

Henry Peng
08-21-2010, 09:51 PM
Dear Michael:

Thanks so much for real time posting all the international youth chess tournaments information to all of us. This is definitely a busy summer with so many good events.

I have one question for you.

I heard that there will be an international chess tournament in Russia and Canada will send two young players.

Could you please confirm what I hear is real since I could not find any information on the CFC website regarding about this event. I know you post all youth tournaments on CFC website. I must miss this one.

Could you please send me the tournament link again and let me know who the two lucky players are?

Thanks in advance.

Bob Gillanders
08-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Dear Chess Friends,

I got the following information:

The Turkish Chess Federation (TCF) will organise the World Youth Under-16 Chess Olympiad 2010 in Burdur, Turkey from 26 November (Arrival) to 05 December (Departure).
Entitled to participate are players who shall not have reached the age of 16, by 1st January 2010, (Date of Birth 1994 and after).
TCF will provide free board and lodging for a team of 4 players and the official, free for ten days, for the applications came till 25th October 2010.

Please let me know, if you're interested to participate in this event.

Michael,

Can you please tell me:

1. What will be the selection process?
2. What is the deadline to apply?

Or is it simply first come first served? :)

Michael Barron
08-27-2010, 10:43 PM
Michael,

Can you please tell me:

1. What will be the selection process?
2. What is the deadline to apply?

Or is it simply first come first served? :)

Bob,

Sure, I can tell you:

1. Selection process is very simple:
the strongest players who apply will make a team.
The more important - to select a strong organizer as an official, who could take care of all the kids and solve all the organizational problems.
So far we have 3 players who expressed their interest:
Roman Sapozhnikov
Nikita Kraiouchkine
Simon Gladstone
We're waiting for confirmation from 4th player - Arthur Calugar.
Gary Gladstone has agreed to accept responsibility as the official.
I'm confident, he's able to manage this project from the beginning to the conclusion.

2. The deadline to apply is August 31 - we need time for the preparation, fundraising, looking for the best tickets, etc.

Michael Barron
09-02-2010, 10:59 PM
Dear Chess Friends,

I'm happy to announce that this year Canada will be participating for the first time in the World Youth Under-16 Chess Olympiad 2010 in Burdur, Turkey from 26 November (Arrival) to 05 December (Departure).

We have a good team:
Arthur Calugar
Nikita Kraiouchkine
Nikita Gusev
Simon Gladstone

Team Captain: Gary Gladstone

We still need to solve a lot of organizational problems, but I'm confident that with Gary's leadership and with help from the Canadian chess community we can do it!

Best of luck to Canadian Youth Chess Olympiad Team!

Michael Barron
10-16-2010, 08:54 PM
Dear Chess Friends,

There has been a change of team members.
Konstantin Semianiuk and Mike Ivanov has now joined the team.

The complete team is:
Nikita Kraiouchkine,
Konstantin Semianiuk,
Mike Ivanov,
Simon Gladstone.

The Team Captain Gary Gladstone will shortly send the registration forms to the organizers in Turkey.

jack qian
10-17-2010, 01:52 PM
Dear Chess Friends,

There has been a change of team members.
Konstantin Semianiuk and Mike Ivanov has now joined the team.

The complete team is:
Nikita Kraiouchkine,
Konstantin Semianiuk,
Mike Ivanov,
Simon Gladstone.

The Team Captain Gary Gladstone will shortly send the registration forms to the organizers in Turkey.

go canada,go canada

Valer Eugen Demian
10-18-2010, 01:05 PM
It seems not very strong team.
Mike Ivanov has no Fide rating.

Can't believe you comment on it! Think your 1544 FIDE rating qualifies you to judge other peoples' chess knowledge? Unbelievable...

jack qian
10-18-2010, 04:04 PM
Can't believe you comment on it! Think your 1544 FIDE rating qualifies you to judge other peoples' chess knowledge? Unbelievable...

I never said I am a strong. I always said I am weak and need a coach, But I have no coach. As I know that your chess club can't train kids to excellent players and always have empty talk.

Daxin Jin
10-18-2010, 07:54 PM
Hello Jack,

Do not say this way to older chess player who has more experience. Be respect to others, others will help you in another way. I know you well in last year WYCC, you are a bright chess player who try your best in WYCC 2010 for Canada. We hope to see you in future Junior Olympic team soon. Just practice and you will get there, not necessary to claim other players in any tournaments. This is my suggestion for you, hope you could understand.

jack qian
10-18-2010, 07:59 PM
Hello Jack,

Do not say this way to older chess player who has more experience. Be respect to others, others will help you in another way. I know you well in last year WYCC, you are a bright chess player who try your best in WYCC 2010 for Canada. We hope to see you in future Junior Olympic team soon. Just practice and you will get there, not necessary to claim other players in any tournaments. This is my suggestion for you, hope you could understand.

Thank you for your suggestion, Liu jiaxin's mom.