PDA

View Full Version : Volunteer CFC Webmaster?

Bob Armstrong
06-20-2010, 11:43 AM
I thought this post from a thread below maybe should become a separate topic from " the Handbook is off-line " :

June 20,1010, 10:50 AM
Bob Armstrong
CFC Governor

Volunteer CFC Webmaster?

Does CFC need a " volunteer webmaster "?

The problem is the outsourcing contract for CFC. Exec. Dir., Gerry Litchfield can only work 3 days / wk ( or maybe it's 3.5 days/wk ). I was told the website was not a priority in his busy schedule, because it was not " revenue producing ". Up 'til now, he had done the few updates of the website that got done, but it was woefully out of date, not to mention any sprucing up. He simply couldn't get to it. I had sent in a list of updates, only some of which eventually had gotten done.

These recent updates were by volunteer David Cohen.

If this is a good idea, do we have anyone willing to put their names forward at the AGM for consideration as " Volunteer Webmaster "?

Bob

Christopher Mallon
06-20-2010, 12:25 PM
What they need is a site that is easy enough to update that anyone can add/modify/delete entries on any page with minimal computer skills and just a tiny bit of time.

Fred McKim
06-20-2010, 01:15 PM
Everybody has a different opinion. I have posted elsewhere that I think we get a 3 person committee whose mandate is to find someone to spruce up the webpage (in conjunction with the committee) and as Chris says make "standard" changes easy to make.

Fred McKim
06-22-2010, 09:04 AM
There is a thread for this on the CFC Governor's board. If you are interested in being on such a committee, post here and I'll put your name forward when we summarize the volunteer lists.