Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New website tdlist missing?

Exclamation New website tdlist missing?

I see the new website is up.

One item I can't find is the TD List, which was the comma delimited list of everyone's name CFC number, rating and expirey date. Some TDs (including someone who called me today) still use those lists and pair tournaments by hand. It needs to be put back on.

Best Regards,
    Garland Best

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Garland Best View Post
    I see the new website is up.

One item I can't find is the TD List, which was the comma delimited list of everyone's name CFC number, rating and expirey date. Some TDs (including someone who called me today) still use those lists and pair tournaments by hand. It needs to be put back on.

Best Regards,
    Garland Best
    An interim solution would be to load swisssys and then the mde file can be used.

As it is, everybody can be accessed via entering their name as always. Those members within the past 6 months can be located on the regional list for a province.

Hi Fred,

There are events held in locations without internet access, so when you are taking entries you need a easily accessible list. That said, there are also those events and directors who just don't feel good at using swisssys. Furthermore I heard that a TD was unable to get the most recent swisssys database file to work correctly. For that reason having the extra file accessible is very useful.

In addition, having the file downloadable makes it easy to update club listings

It should be trivial to add one link to the site that a person clicks on to get the file. Please include it. Thanks.

Thumbs up TD LIST is very useful to chess clubs and TD's not using SwissSys!

Quote Originally Posted by Garland Best View Post
    Hi Fred,

There are events held in locations without internet access, so when you are taking entries you need a easily accessible list. That said, there are also those events and directors who just don't feel good at using swisssys. Furthermore I heard that a TD was unable to get the most recent swisssys database file to work correctly. For that reason having the extra file accessible is very useful.

In addition, having the file downloadable makes it easy to update club listings

It should be trivial to add one link to the site that a person clicks on to get the file. Please include it. Thanks.
    I completely agree with Garland and always make a point of having the current TD list (text file) on my laptop at all times for quick reference and at times on site when "the internet" goes down -- great to have the complete list to reference!

I am confident the CFC will fine tune the glitches and get the new site back up and running and with the necessary tools we require.

Keep up the good work -- Fred and team!

Blog Entries

Default TD List found

The TD list is available on the new web site (which should be back shortly), but in a different place.

Go to 1) Misc - 2) Downloadable Resources - 3) TD Resources and Forms

The file is there to be viewed or downloaded by rightclicking.

I'll work on getting this available from the Ratings page......

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    I'll work on getting this available from the Ratings page......
    YOU are going to work on it, Fred?? What happened to the beer-and-pizza company we hired as programmers?

Quote Originally Posted by John Coleman View Post
    YOU are going to work on it, Fred?? What happened to the beer-and-pizza company we hired as programmers?
    I understood his statement to mean he would pass the recommendation along...

Anyway, as crushing as the omission of the sacred file may be, I was able to help Aris on Friday by downloading the .mde file that was offered along with the SwissSys software and export that to text file so that Aris could have a least a reasonably recent "tdlist".

I think offering an "export text file NOW" button on the ratings main page would let anyone generate an up-to-the-moment export of the critical pieces from the ratings database... of course, the alternative - having a (weekly?) tdlist file available could be a reasonable compromise.

It is more concerning that the new website is still offline ... at least it was when I started this post...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John Coleman View Post
    I don't know if this was a rhetorical question or not, John - but this sounds like a simple copying some text from one location to another.

That is now our responsibility. They have provided us with a starting site and modify it anyway we see fit.

They have provided us with a starting site and modify it anyway we see fit.
    Who have modified it to an unworkable condition?
    .*-1

{modifying the website}... is now our responsibility. They have provided us with a starting site and {we ?} modify it anyway we see fit.
    You mean, the programming company is now done?? The non-working site we currently have is the result of $18,000 worth of work!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast