Thread: 19a) Volunteers for new OCA Constitution

Default 19a) Volunteers for new OCA Constitution

We need volunteers to work on a new OCA Constitution. All CFC members residing in Ontario are welcome to participate.
    If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to post here or send me an e-mail to ilia_bluv@hotmail.com

I commit to prepare first draft of the new constitution by July 11th.

Ilia Bluvshtein

Let me know what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Garland Best View Post
    Let me know what you need.
    I need the OCA Constitution working group. At least 3 people, ideally 5 people. Now we have 2: you and me.
    The plan is...I'll prepare first draft. The working group will start with discussion of that draft.
    Thank you for volunteering,
    Ilia

I am willing to be a volunteer on this subject.
    Evgeny Tobolovsky

Evgeny, thanks.
    Ilia

Blog Entries

I can offer some insight on the process that you will have to go through but I can't take the lead on this. Since many of the same people were involved in the NFP process as a CFC governor hopefully your task will not be as complicated. I looked at the Ontario act and it seems to me that the OCA has much less work to become compliant versus the task that the CFC had. The Ontario act does not break with tradition and prevent ex-officio board members for example. In fact they seem to encourage it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    I looked at the Ontario act and it seems to me that the OCA has much less work to become compliant versus the task that the CFC had.
    The OCA has something like 5 years or even more.

A bill containing these amendments, formerly known as Bill 85, was introduced in 2013 but died when the 2014 provincial election was called.
    ONCA is not expected to come into force before 2016. Existing corporations will have a three-year transition period once ONCA is in force.

http://www.sse.gov.on.ca/mcs/en/page...or_profit.aspx
    http://www.sse.gov.on.ca/mcs/en/Pages/onca3.aspx

Though, as I understand Ilia wants to change a way the OCA operates now. The compliance with the future act has not been mentioned yet.
    .*-1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    My advice would be to start sooner rather than later once the new Ontario NFP act is readopted. You have governors that are used to the idea now. In five years who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post

A bill containing these amendments, formerly known as Bill 85, was introduced in 2013 but died when the 2014 provincial election was called.
    ONCA is not expected to come into force before 2016. Existing corporations will have a three-year transition period once ONCA is in force.

http://www.sse.gov.on.ca/mcs/en/page...or_profit.aspx
    http://www.sse.gov.on.ca/mcs/en/Pages/onca3.aspx

Though, as I understand Ilia wants to change a way the OCA operates now. The compliance with the future act has not been mentioned yet.
    Agreed. Let's not run ahead of the horse. Compliance with questionable future regulations is not on the agenda. The current objective is to change constitution for better OCA operation.