Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Concerning extra players representing CANADA at 2011 WYCC in Brazil

Hi Vlad,

Quote from Mr. Barron’s post:
    “1. The new motion was made by Vlad Birarov and Valer Demian on December 1, 2010. At that time the dates of PanAm were not known yet. The Motion passed in January 2011.

2. The main reason for the new motion was to allow more Canadian players to participate at WYCC (not only first 3 finishers).”

So you were the one original creators of the motions. WOW! The main reason to allow more Canadian players to participate at WYCC???

Perfect! I can now see, how it is working in full swing now!

You are in full right to defend your motion and act in personal interest, since you were one of the original creators. Sometimes you have to look at the whole pictures,
    Put persona interests aside and ask: ‘What is best for Canadian chess and Canadian youth”.

I am not saying that people create bulletproof motions. I've seen quite a few rules broken in my time as well.

Yes you are correct, that Constance is a good player, and I am not denying this.

Mikhail

Default WYCC, CYCC and PanAms

The CFC should be done grandstanding for the CYCC this year.

The CFC position on the PanAms had always been that it is not a priority but that those who wanted to participate at their own expense could do so. I think moving to punish those who participated in the PanAms this year is not an improvement. The CYCC and PanAms are not always on the same dates.

The WYCC as a FIDE event deserves our support. The WYCC is only feasible if it gets in-country support and entries from paying customers. Canada as a well-off country and a zone has always seen it as the right thing to do to send a large number of participants to the tournament.

We are here to promote chess. The discussion of who can afford what has no place here. If folks want to spend their own time and money on chess tournaments like the WYCC I do not see how that is a bad thing for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail Egorov View Post
    Hi Vlad,

Quote from Mr. Barron’s post:
    “1. The new motion was made by Vlad Birarov and Valer Demian on December 1, 2010. At that time the dates of PanAm were not known yet. The Motion passed in January 2011.

2. The main reason for the new motion was to allow more Canadian players to participate at WYCC (not only first 3 finishers).”

So you were the one original creators of the motions. WOW! The main reason to allow more Canadian players to participate at WYCC???

Perfect! I can now see, how it is working in full swing now!

You are in full right to defend your motion and act in personal interest, since you were one of the original creators. Sometimes you have to look at the whole pictures,
    Put persona interests aside and ask: ‘What is best for Canadian chess and Canadian youth”.

I am not saying that people create bulletproof motions. I've seen quite a few rules broken in my time as well.

Yes you are correct, that Constance is a good player, and I am not denying this.

Mikhail
    Sorry, Mikhail, I have hard time to find any core of good sense among your emotional expressions. How do I act in my personal interest? Oh yes, I'm paid by CFC for every motion I submit!

When we discussed this motion within Youth Committee and then on Governors' meeting we acted in best interest of Canadian chess and Canadian youth. In order to see this, you just need to compare current rules to ones existed before. Would you like to improve it further? No problem, just find Governor who will submit motion for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Birarov View Post
    Sorry, Mikhail, I have hard time to find any core of good sense among your emotional expressions. How do I act in my personal interest? Oh yes, I'm paid by CFC for every motion I submit!

When we discussed this motion within Youth Committee and then on Governors' meeting we acted in best interest of Canadian chess and Canadian youth. In order to see this, you just need to compare current rules to ones existed before. Would you like to improve it further? No problem, just find Governor who will submit motion for you.
    Hi Vlad,

No need to apologize to me, since If, you wish to appolozie, you should do it to the top juniors who are getting panelized here with new motion: Jackie Peng, Jiaxin (Dora) Liu, and Dezheng Kong.

Specifically 9 year old girl Dora, who is taking a lot of critisim from CFC, lately for just trying to go represent Canada at World stage. I really wonder what judge will think about this!

Quote: “How do I act in my personal interest? Oh yes, I'm paid by CFC for every motion I submit!”

I leave it up to you to find out.

Have a great day!

Mikhaill
    Last edited by Mikhail Egorov; 09-15-2011 at 12:46 PM.

Hi Vlad,

No need to apologize to me, since If, you wish to appolozie, you should do it to the top juniors who are getting panelized here with new motion: Jackie Peng, Jiaxin (Dora) Liu, and Dezheng Kong.

Specifically 9 year old girl Dora, who is taking a lot of critisim from CFC, lately for just trying to go represent Canada at World stage. I really wonder what judge will think about this!

Quote: “How do I act in my personal interest? Oh yes, I'm paid by CFC for every motion I submit!”

I leave it up to you to find out.

Have a great day!

Mikhaill
    I don't think, I have reason to apologize before these kids. I'm quite sure they didn't have any chance to go to WYCC if "old" rules were still in effect. So, I didn't hurt them by any means with introducing of new rules.

The way you conduct this discussion is not very constructive. Do you think current rules don't answer this situation the best way? Go ahead and change them. But why to criticize me, other Youth Committee members, and Governors? Did we create any problem with new rules? I invite you to compare "new" and "old" rules and provide some examples.

I really wish you, would not have said that: “How principled is it to allow wealthier families to bypass the CYCC, pay the penalties and their own expenses and attend the WYCC?”. So, if you wealthy you can’t go to WYCC? Is it a crime now days?
    Mr. Egorov,

Please understand:
    An opportunity to represent Canada at WYCC is not a right, it's a privilege, that should be earned at the CYCC and could be granted only by the CFC.

If you're wealthy, you can go to WYCC.
    Just like everybody else - by winning CYCC.
    It's not a crime.

But you can't buy your way to WYCC under the table and violate the rules.
    It is a crime.

Of course, Mrs. Jin could buy Mr. Egorov.
    But apparently she can't buy the entire CFC Executive.

Maybe she's just not wealthy enough...
    Last edited by Michael Barron; 09-15-2011 at 09:47 PM.
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Default Time to Cut the B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron View Post
    Mr. Egorov,

Please understand:
    An opportunity to represent Canada at WYCC is not a right, it's a privilege, that should be earned at the CYCC and could be granted only by the CFC.

If you're wealthy, you can go to WYCC.
    Just like everybody else - by winning CYCC.
    It's not a crime.

But you can't buy your way to WYCC under the table and violate the rules.
    It is a crime.

Of course, Mrs. Jin could buy Mr. Egorov.
    But apparently she can't buy the entire CFC Executive.

Maybe she's just not wealthy enough...
    What the hell is this b.s.?? Now we have a supposedly responsible governor of the CFC: (a) insulting Mike Egorov for going to bat for a talented little girl who in any other year of the past decade would have been approved without any fuss to play in the WYCC despite not playing in the CYCC; (b) alleging that the little girl's mother may have 'bought' part of the CFC executive; (c) implying that the little girl's mother has done something "under the table", something that is a "crime."

Enough of this crap! I think the CFC owes Ms. Jin an apology for Barron's behaviour. The apology can be accompanied by an approval for Ms. Jin's daughter to play in the WYCC.

Did the former youth coordinator really just say that Ms. Jin (who I might add hasn't said one thing on the matter publicly since this came up) has bought (or could buy) Mr. Egorov as well as trying to buy the exec? Also did you just make a joke (I'm really hoping that was a joke) that the exec could be bought if the price was high enough? And you're a governor? Over the last few days you published confidential emails without authorization and accused this woman of bribery or attempted bribery. You've also questioned the integrity of a well respected member of the chess community who I will personally vouch for being an honest and decent person.

You owe more than a few apologies.

Also, at this point the exec has said that they won't budge on this issue and it is theirs to make. The president has also not responded to my email and hasn't commented on this issue. This matter isn't going anywhere. Continuing this debate seems like it isn't doing anything for the CFC other than making us look ridiculous.

Mr. Barron's comments above are probably actionable. I find it deeply disturbing that the President raely posts on the CFC site either publicly or in the Governors' Forum. Now Mr. Clark informs us the president isn't responding to his emails. Leadership and governance needs to be transparent.

Hi Mr. Barron,

You should be really ashamed of yourself to post this.

I am still puzzled why CFC is still defending you.

Ms. Jin was chief organizer of 2011 CYCC, that made suplus and youth fund for WYCC more than EVER. As a result Canada is sending its BIGGEST team yet. She put 10 months of volunteer work for Canadian Youth program in 2010 to" buy" excutives CFC that refuse her daughter going to WYCC.

Is this what you referring to Mr.Barron???

As a result this is BIG thanks she gets from you, and CFC executives? The CFC's refusal for her daughter (who is also top junior in the country U10) to join WYCC team?

Mikhail
    Last edited by Mikhail Egorov; 09-16-2011 at 10:00 AM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast