Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: CFC FIDE Representative election - Feb 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Itkin View Post
    Vlad,

Can you please confirm that you have received FIDE email about Mr. Tsypin suspension?

Or you again have some problem with the last paragraph?

I am proud to disclose that the following e-mail has been sent by the FIDE Legal Advisor today to several parties.

Date: Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 9:41 AM
    Subject: RE: FIDE President's decision

Dear Colleagues,

I am writing this letter on behalf of Mr.Dvorkovich.

Herewith, I would like to inform you on the following FIDE President’s decision
    Given that the Member of the FIDE Management Board Vadim Tsypin participates in the elections for the position of the Representative of Canada in FIDE and there is an evidence of a possible violation of ethical standards,

it has been resolved to suspend the powers of V. Tsypin as a Member and Secretary of the FIDE Management Board until the end of the relevant investigation. This decision comes into force with immediate effect.
    FIDE is an open, transparent, democratic international organization. I admire that it follows due process, relies on presumption of evidence, and examines material evidence.

Like a policeman involved in a shooting incident, I am currently relegated to desk duty until the appropriate authority completes its investigation and exonerates me completely.
    Last edited by Vadim Tsypin; 02-23-2021 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Formatting

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Starr View Post
    I agree with you on FIDE's ongoing investigation.

All I wanted to have a crude material of who said what so VMs could make an intelligent decision. What's happened is that because of substantially raised stakes Vadim Tsypin and Vladimir Bykov have their professional careers at risk and Victor and his friend have essentially a free ride.

That raises the question one more time: who is a better candidate, one who was playing a game behind the scene, refused to participate in the public chess debates one on one, or an accomplished and experienced chess professional such as Vadim is?

Sasha Starr, VM.
    What about Hal Bond's professional career?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Itkin View Post
    Pierre,

Are you kidding us?

Vlad, please confirm that you have also received FIDE email about Mr. Tsypin suspension.
    I have received the same email as Victor. I have also been talking to FIDE President Arkady Dvorkovich.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolay Noritsyn View Post
    And you are, just possibly implying Victor is forging emails (and is stupid enough to do so, with FIDE easily able to prove otherwise, if it was the case). This is unattractive behaviour.
    I am not implying that, anybody can forge an email and send it to Victor, it is a trivial task. I cannot see a trace of the complaint here http://ethics.fide.com/pending-cases/ where confirmed pending disciplinary cases are listed.

Danny, it is a pleasure to copy your message to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Goldenberg

First off, I would like to thank IA Hal Bond for his dedication, over all these years, for chess in our country. I can definitely say that his advice and support helped me to become a better arbiter and to obtain a better vision of how things work on a larger scale!

Initially, we had three candidates for the position, however, currently, obviously wishing IA Aris Marghetis and his family all the best, we are down to 2 candidates now.

Both candidates have different qualities. I will not waste anyone’s time expressing my personal opinion on each of them, as, by now, you probably red it all, including the PROGRAM, etc. Or should I say lack of attention on the program?

While both candidates have their strong and “to improve” qualities, what really bothered me is the approach of the voting “clans” and “tribes”. I would like to remind all my respected colleagues that we are not in the United States, not trying to make anything Great Again, nor wishing to have a 50% vs 50% hate and verbal violence!

It really touched me personally when I saw a comment that Chess ‘n Math is a direct (I guess in a strategic sense) competitor with the Canadian Chess Federation. I don’t work for this organization for the past 20+ years, and have no financial or any other interest in showing my support, except for the crucial fact. Growing up in Canada, in 90s, I know I would have been a sad shell of a human if I didn’t have an opportunity to play against other kids of my age! I do teach chess as a hobby (after all, I still am a FM with an IM norm) and would that make me a competitor to the CFC as well? As they say nowadays: L O L !

Voting members do have a moral obligation to think about what is best for our kids, for our chess players, and how to PROMOTE and UNIFY us!

Ones who know me personally will confirm that I am very patient, until the bubble explodes… In Canada, we have a very popular saying: “Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me”!

I realize, that regardless to the results of the vote, I risk to face reciprocations for my today’s post, but it is what it is. Worst case scenario, there will be one more retired, hopefully respected, International Arbiter with over 20 years of job experience, who actually knows how to play the game (FM with IM norm & former U20 Canadian Chess Champion) and loves it since the age of 3 (when my dad first showed me the moves)!

In the light of the information that I have obtained from my own sources, I am no longer sure about IA Aris Marghetis intent in endorsing Mr. Plotkin, and that is the most politically correct expression of my true feelings.

Subsequently, following the announcement of IA Aris Marghetis to withdraw his candidature, I would like to reach to all his former supporters and the undecided ones and ask you NOT TO VOTE! With all the “trash talk” going around, I think we will pass a strong message to the eventual winner, making him understand that we exist and commit to watch every step! However, we will also SUPPORT and UNIFY all attempts to promote chess in Canada!

Sincerely,

IA / FM Danny Goldenberg

P.S. I would like to ask ANY Voting Member to share my vision by copying my post to the main discussion. You will contribute to CFC democracy and transparency! We ALL GOT SOMETHING TO SAY!
    [/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Dénommée View Post
    I am not implying that, anybody can forge an email and send it to Victor, it is a trivial task. I cannot see a trace of the complaint here http://ethics.fide.com/pending-cases/ where confirmed pending disciplinary cases are listed.
    Pierre, have you seen the author and who made the decision?

Three parties confirmed the existence of the email - both candidates and the CFC president.
    .*-1

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    Pierre, have you seen the author and who made the decision?

Three parties confirmed the existence of the email - both candidates and the CFC president.

It is only an investigation, not an accusation. Investigations are prudent procedures that do not always lead to accusations. Vadim has not yet confirmed the reception at the time of my writing. The point is now moot, Vadim did receive an email.

I do not know what the Conflict of Interest Laws are in Switzerland, but I am still expecting that Vadim will be cleared. Vadim is certainly not violating the very lenient Canadian Law.

Regarding CFC and Chess Math relationships mentioned in Danny Goldenberg message.
    It really touched me personally when I saw a comment that Chess ‘n Math is a direct (I guess in a strategic sense) competitor with the Canadian Chess Federation.
    The President addressed that and debunked. Personally I took a phone and scolded the person for a such comment.
    Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; 02-23-2021 at 04:05 PM.
    .*-1

How is it possible to vote in such a confusing - even, chaotic - circumstance? It was truly dispiriting to read through this particular Forum discussion.

Blog Entries

I have asked the President to delay the vote for FIDE Representative, while everything plays out that is now going on "behind the scene". It is impossible to vote intelligently at the moment.

Fred

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast