Thread: CFC Facebook

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Here's a summary of the key points regarding my role in the local organizing committee:
    1. Representation: CFC President Vlad Drkulec will represent the Chess Federation of Canada at official functions and serve as the "face of Canadian chess."
    2. Volunteer Position: Vlad understands that his role is voluntary.
    3. Non-Organizer Status: The CFC is not officially considered an organizer of the event.
    4. Communication: Aris will ensure that any relevant information from FIDE leadership reaches Vlad, and they will debrief each other after FIDE-related communications.
    5. Invitations: The Annex Chess Club will issue invitations to traveling players, following Canadian tradition. However, the CFC will provide supporting letters highlighting the event's importance if needed.
    6. Visa Rejection: In case of visa issues, Vlad has political contacts in Ontario and Canada to assist.
    7. Financial Support: The CFC will not provide financial support for the event.
    8. Location of Side Events: All side events will take place within the Greater Toronto Area.

In actual fact, while the above was the initial agreement, I wound up writing the invitations combining the letter highlighting the event's importance and invitations into one letter for each of the people that needed visas. This was what FIDE asked of me and it was a reasonable request so that was what happened.
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 03-15-2024 at 11:26 AM.