Thread: CFC FIDE Representative election - Feb 2021

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Plotkin View Post
    I am very sorry that Sasha Starr continues to provide incorrect interpretations of my words. As I explained to him more than once during our conversations, I did not agree to participate in a one-on-one discussion with Vadim only because of my concern that this discussion would deteriorate our relationship, which is not a desirable result, no matter the outcome of this election. To say that I was not prepared to debate is untrue, and intended to create an inaccurate impression of myself and display it to other voting members.
    Victor, let's set the record straight once and for all.

I've called to invite you to participate in the Saturday's IBM TV Chess Show. You told me that unless Aris would be there you decline to participate with Vadim only, one on one. I was surprised because in my opinion it is easier to have one opponent not two. When I've asked you to explain your position you told me that "this discussion would deteriorate our relationship". Fine, but the fact remains: you've refused to participate. So what is here untrue??? Please explain.

And, BTW, where is your so called "relationship" now?
    Last edited by Sasha Starr; 02-22-2021 at 12:19 AM.