1. As noted by Sasha and others, this should be a forum for intelligent, well-mannered, sober deliberations regarding chess and chess-related issues. There is "no" reason for intelligent people to attempt to defile other people. Please, simply make your point, argue it, and let others agree or disagree. As noted above, this is a public forum and we want the chess community to have a sense that as chess organizers, that we have their interests at heart. I learned "many" years ago that not everyone will agree with you.
2. The legal application of "Conflict of Interest" will be decided by the organization's legislation / Bylaws or "Conflict of Interest Policy", in this case, Chapter 03, paragraph 8 of FIDE"s Bylaws states: "8. FIDE officials may not simultaneously hold another position within the organisation that creates a conflict of interest." On a "very" quick review, this is all I could find on the subject. In my view, this does not prevent any FIDE Official from being representative of the CFC as in my view, being the CFC Representative does not equate to holding a "position within the organisation."

As noted above, we are extremely fortunate to have 3 very competent people interested in the position. I'm afraid I don't have the pleasure of personally knowing any or all of them except for the information I've been provided in the past two weeks. As this point, I would put my support towards Vadim however hold out to be persuaded otherwise until the time of the final vote.

My thoughts, and all the best to the three candidates,

Lloyd