Thread: 10. Other business

Threaded View

Please understand that when I referred to a 2 column format I meant that at some point the VMs would have to approve it and that things would go a lot smoother if they could see the old and the new side by side paragraph by paragraph. I was absolutely NOT talking about maintaining 2 separate documents going forward. In my opinion we probably SHOULDN'T change anything but the bylaw section - for instance except with possibly doing things like ensuring addresses etc. who REALLY needs a revision on things like "So You Want to Run a Chess Tournament" or the info on Swiss pairings or Sonnenborn-Berger etc.

On the other hand, the Charter and Bylaws stuff is definitely a legal document and we would most definitely need all our ducks in a row on that.

As for vetting things I would definitely expect most of that to be done by the President, Secretary, FIDE Rep and whoever else el Presidente felt needed to be involved and if it was done paragraph by paragraph as I suggested would probably be an easier task as any changes would be more obvious.
    Last edited by Lyle Craver; 08-11-2015 at 03:21 PM.