Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The CFC needs your help

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon
    Pierre, you were treasurer for two years and never managed to make a budget. What would make anyone think you'd get anything done now?
    A budget has been made. I went to Ottawa to meet with the ED just for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon
    You also had the FQSE and did nothing but request volunteers and funds for a couple of years.
    Which are two things that every non-profit does.

You forgot to mention that the FQSÉ did translate the CFC Tournament Rules, the CFC Code of Ethics, the FIDE Swiss pairing rules, the FIDE Laws of Chess, the FIDE electronic clock rules, the FIDE tiebreak rules and the FIDE standards of equipment. In case you doubt it, copies of those translations have been given to the National Library of Canada.

The FQSÉ has also organised many competitions, all of which have been canceled due to lack of registration. Service in French is fundamental in the province of Quebec. Translation must come before competitions, otherwise nobody will participate.

Not to mentioned that when I was a Governors appointed by the FQSÉ, I did participate to the CFC governance by voting on almost all motions. I have also bring the CFC tournament rules in line with the new reality of the digital Chess clock and I also wrote the CFC Code of Ethics in both official languages.

The FQSÉ affiliation has been revoked before the translation of the CFC Constitution and other administrative documents. That's sad, but life must go on.

Blog Entries

Default Day 1 of my appeal

So after 24 hours (over the weekend), we've found three volunteers to serve on Committees for next year. I'm hoping many more will come forward in the next few days and we can break off into some discussion groups leading up to the AGM.

Blog Entries

Default Another one

15) Youth Committee. I just noticed this one as a forum, here. Youth Co-ordinator obviously would chair this one.

Default Lots of activity

I see lots of activity on the boards, as well as lots of emails in my inbox. I will get to my replies shortly, maybe a beer first, or two.

I just spent the last 3 days at a seminar in Toronto on IFRS.
    For all you non accountants, that stands for International Financial Reporting Standards. ugggrrrr......that's brutal stuff.

Believe it or not, dealing with CFC stuff again will be a relief!

Blog Entries

My wife will be getting into that kind of stuff I'm sure, in fact she's currently taking International Finance I believe hehe.

Blog Entries

Default That gives me an idea

I just realized that a lot of governors have non chess skills they may have to offer, that we sometimes don't even think about. I have to admit that I've served on many Executives without knowing what profession or special interest groups some of the others were involved with. I know a number of us have indicated our profession on the CFC Governor's Directory.

Default Youth Committee

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim
    15) Youth Committee. I just noticed this one as a forum, here. Youth Co-ordinator obviously would chair this one.
    Thank you, Fred!

You beat me on that - I was just about posting it...

This Committee was quite active last year, helping to send our players to many International competitions:
    WYCC 2009,
    North American YCC 2009,
    World Amateur 2010,
    World Scholastic 2010,
    World Junior 2010.

Currently we're working on preparation to:
    CYCC 2010,
    Pan American YCC 2010,
    North American YCC 2010.

We have made a number of important decisions regarding qualification to youth tournaments, including Motion 2010-07 “CYCC Qualification Rules”.

The current Committee members are:
    Michael Barron (Chair),
    Ellen Nadeau,
    Patrick McDonald,
    Brian Raymer,
    John Coleman,
    Valer Eugen Demian,
    Edward Porper,
    Roman Pelts.

I could add that new Committee members are always welcome - please let me know, if you're willing to volunteer.
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim
    7) Rating Overview Committee
    8) Membership Committee
    10) Web site Committee
    11) Publicity Committee
    12) Magazine Committee
    14) Handbook Committee.
    At least I could express my opinion in those fields

Another possible work areas:
    the tournaments report program (software) [this might be combined with the rating C.]

clubs - I find strange to see so much concern about the active rating flaws, while there almost no those active tournaments, what I think should be one of clubs main activity at least once in a quarter.

chess schools/coaches: competitions between them - team matches;

etc

Default Handbook Updating Subcommittee - Liles

Hi Fred:

One of the existing Subcommittees of the Procedures' Committee ( Myself, as Chair, and Eric ) is the Handbook Updating Committee - this is a committee of one, member Kerry Liles ( former governor ) - he is working with Gerry Litchfield to now update the website Handbook immediately upon the Governors passing a motion.

Bob

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast