The outgoing governors CFC AGM will be on Monday, July 12. Motions to be dealt with at this meeting are published in the GL prior to the AGM, which this year will be GL # 5, which is currently in the works.

I have a list of those motions I am involved in, or have an interest in, which I believe are slated for notice publication in GL # 5, and then final vote at the AGM. Here are the 2 letters I recently sent to Lyle Craver, CFC Secretary ( copies to all the movers/seconders ) on this:

Letter # 1

Hi Lyle:

Thanks for copying me on your e-mail to Eric re GL # 5, and motion 2010-05 – Governor Activity Rule ( which in the GL # 4 vote, was only a “ straw vote “ according to Eric’s decision, since it was not supposed to be voted on ‘til the CFC AGM ).

But it may be most helpful if I list all my motions or ones on my behalf, that I have recorded as going onto the CFC AGM agenda – this may help you to sort them – I will also attach the motions again, in case that may save you some time.

So the motions I have for the CFC AGM that I have an interest in are:

1. Motion 2010-03 – Elimination of Past President Life Governors ( attached ) – this was only a straw vote in GL # 3 by Eric’s ruling, since it was supposed to go to the AGM for final vote;

2. Motion 2010-04 – Creation of Non-voting Past president Governors at Large ( attached ) – again this was only a straw vote in GL # 3 by Eric’s ruling, since it was supposed to go to the AGM for final vote.

3. Motion 2010-05 – Governor Activity Rule ( attached ) – this was only a straw vote in GL # 4, by Eric’s ruling, since it was supposed to go to the AGM for final vote. Subsequently, as a result of some proposed amendments at the Governors’ On-line Meeting, I and Jason Lohner treated the input as a “ friendly amendment “ and revised our motion to the version of April 25, attached ( I already sent you this amended motion and requested that it replace the original motion filed and voted on in GL # 4 , and that it go onto the AGM agenda ).

4. Motion 2010-08 – Role of the President ( attached ) – we requested that this motion go onto the CFC AGM agenda for final vote ( not to come on for final vote in GL # 5 ).

5. Motion 2010-09 – Role of the Vice-President ( attached ) – we requested that this motion go onto the CFC AGM agenda for final vote ( not to come on for final vote in GL # 5 ).

6. Motion 2010-10 – Role of the Treasurer ( attached ) – we requested that this motion go onto the CFC AGM agenda for final vote ( not to come on for final vote in GL # 5 ).

7. Motion 2010-11 – Role of the FIDE Representative ( attached ) – we requested that this motion go onto the CFC AGM agenda for final vote ( not to come on for final vote in GL # 5 ).

8. Motion 2010-13 – Canadian Championship Standards ( attached ) – this motion is up for second discussion in GL # 5, and so we understand that this motion will then go onto the CFC AGM agenda for final vote.

9. Motion 2010-14 – Important Canadian Tournament Standards ( attached ) - this motion is up for second discussion in GL # 5, and so we understand that this motion will then go onto the CFC AGM agenda for final vote.

10. Motion recently re-filed described as Motion # 1A – Tournament Coordinator Position ( attached ) – this is a revision of the motion originally filed. It was revised due to input from the governors at the Governors’ On-line Meeting. We have asked that it replace the original motion filed, and, like the other motions dealing with CFC officers, go onto the CFC AGM agenda for final vote.

11. Motion filed some time ago described as Motion # 2 – Youth Coordinator ( attached ) – we asked that this motion go to the AGM for final vote.

12. Motion recently re-filed described as Motion # 3A – Public Relations Coordinator ( attached ) - this is a revision of the motion originally filed. It was revised due to input from the governors at the Governors’ On-line Meeting. We have asked that it replace the original motion filed, and, like the other motions dealing with CFC officers, go onto the CFC AGM agenda for final vote.

I hope this list will help you organize the motions going into GL # 5, for final vote at the AGM, and that my attaching them will save you some hunting through old e-mails.

If you have any questions, please forward them.

Thanks.

Bob

Letter # 2

Hi Lyle:

There is one more motion that I have now filed, just recently, which is to go into GL # 5, and then onto the AGM agenda for final vote:

Motion on Governors’ On-line Meeting Procedures ( attached ).

Thanks.

Bob