Thread: Ag. Item # 20 – Concluding Address

Default Ag. Item # 20 – Concluding Address

The meeting is to end at 9:00 PM EDT on Wednesday, April 14 – sometime prior to then in this thread, Eric will give a closing address to all governors re this first governor’s on-line meeting. He will likely be commenting on how the meeting went, and whether it seems a good model to now implement to replace our GL procedure ( we will still keep the GL’s for the purpose of communication of information to the members, but debate and voting will now be done in the meetings ). We invite you to also make here any concluding comments you have on this first-ever governors’ on-line meeting. The Governors’ Voting Modernization Subcommittee will take these comments into account when making their final decision on whether to propose this model to the Procedures’ Committee, and for eventual governors’ approval.
    Thanks to all who participated !

Default Concluding Address - Between 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM EDT.

Stijn de Kerpel, Vice-President, will be giving the " Concluding Address ", and has advised it will be sometime after 8:00 PM EDT.

The meeting adjourns today at 9:00PM EDT.

Thanks from the Posting Secretary to all who participated.

Bob

Default Concluding Address

Fellow Governors,

First off, on behalf of the CFC Executive, I would like to thank Bob Armstrong for organizing this ambitious project. I think we can see from the discussions/debates that this is the way meetings amongst Governors should be discussed in the future.

I would also like to thank all of the Governors who took the time to address the various agenda topics listed and for participating in this pilot project.

I would hope to see that the Handbook be changed to allow having motions being voted on just as if they were in the GL document itself. The timeframe on having decisions made (from months to weeks) will make governance even easier. As Bob has said in more than one email – it is time to move into the 21st century!

Warmest Regards,

Stijn De Kerpel
    Vice-President
    CFC