Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ag. Item # 10 – Discussion of Motion # 2010-05 – Governor Activity Rule

Default GL Vote on Motion 2010-05 To Be Only " Straw " Vote

FYI:

April 13, 2010

Hi to the CFC Constitutional Coalition:

As you know, our Governor Activity Rule Motion 2010-05 was wrongly shown in the GL # 4 just issued as coming on for “ final vote “. This was an error by the CFC Secretary, since it was not to come up for vote until the Toronto July AGM.

Eric van Dusen, President, to his credit, has moved very quickly to correct the error. He has instructed the Secretary to treat the upcoming GL vote as only a “ straw “ vote. This means it will be only an expression of opinion by the Governors, and will not be binding. The actual motion will now still go to the AGM to be finally voted on there.

Thanks to Eric for his quick action.

Bob

Default Reasons!

I was just running a tournament this past weekend and wasn't able to get on this board until now. Running a tournament is very time consuming for the days it is run, plus you have to check emails morning, noon and night. I usually am only on my computer once a day, so this is a major change. Plus, I got a lot less sleep than usual. Up in the am?!? Sleep in the pm?!?.

So Zero tolerance is not preferred.

John Erickson

Default Agenda Item Summary

Some felt that there had to be some penalty to non-participation by Governors – termination. But some saw the criterion in the motion as being too strict. There was also some discussion of what standard will be demanded if quarterly on-line meetings are adopted, like this one. Will zero tolerance be too strict – don’t appear for the meeting and you are terminated as a governor? A number of governors said “ zero tolerance “ would be too strict.

Is this summary generally satisfactory?

Bob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12