Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ag. Item # 11 – Discussion on Motion 2010-06 – Discounted Membership/TPF

Blog Entries

I had suggested it last year to the Exec, but they decided as a whole to pursue the $20 TPF instead. Of course at the time it made more sense as we didn't know exactly how the financials would shape up. Now we do.

Blog Entries

Most of the tournament membership people (at least at the adult level) from before the rate hike are now becoming full members. I think we should continue for a couple of years with the present situation.

Default Marghetis Sign In

Hi Aris:

I just wanted to draw to your attention that you are attending, but have not yet dealt with Agenda Item # 1 - Governor Sign In. Please sign in so we don't lose you in the Governor attendance list at the end of the meeting. Thanks.

Bob

Blog Entries

I would favour not changing the rules again so soon. Doubling the tournament
    membership has resulted in more regular memberships in my tournaments.

Aris wrote:
    That "friendly agreement" might (I really don't know) have been employed for some big CFC events held in Quebec, but when I hold a CFC-rated event in Ottawa, players from across the river in Gatineau, Quebec, need to secure CFC membership. As I have whined (LOL) before, this discourages them!
    Some years ago, I played in tournaments in Hull/Gatineau that accepted either a vaild CFC or FQE membership, and was rated by both organizations. I'm not sure how that was agreed on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Brodie
    Some years ago, I played in tournaments in Hull/Gatineau that accepted either a vaild CFC or FQE membership, and was rated by both organizations. I'm not sure how that was agreed on.
    Is there a way for a new agreement that for tournaments at the borderland only one membership would be enough? Even collaborating with the USCF.

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis
    OMG, as Org/TD, I would absolutely love a low single flat membership fee!
    I agree. I wouldn't know how to check whether someone was a member 20 years ago or not and I don't think that TDs need extra headaches!

I think we could agree to only go back as far as the CFC website goes to determine if someone has already been a member. It would then be simple to check.

I think a practical consideration like that can easily be made by the executive in implementing the new first-time membership discount. The intent is not to make it impossible for the organizers to function.

Bob

Blog Entries

Your figures in the initial motion discussion are also a bit misleading Bob. You compare $26 under your proposed change to $43 for regular Ontario membership, however the $26 does not include the $7 Ontario fee.

Technically the provinces get to set their own fees on any kind of membership so there's no guarantee an enterprising province might not decide to fundraise and simplify things at the same time by tacking an extra $10 onto the first-year fee, thus making it the same as a regular fee.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast