Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ag. Item # 12 – Discussion of Motion 2010-07 – Amending the CYCC Rules

I agree with the basic sentiment Michael Barron is expressing with the introduction of this motion. Namely, that the winner of the CYCC can be Canada's official representative at the three International Youth Competitions mentioned.

But it must be made clear that sometimes its this year's CYCC and sometime's its last year's (depending on the date of the international event.)

It also needs to be made clear that other Canadian youth can still enter these events just not as the official representative.

The wording of the motion does indeed say "..Top 3 finishers in each section qualified for.." which is not exactly the sentiment Mr. Barron expressed in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron
    amended version for the vote:

"Canadian Youth Chess Championship is a qualifier to international youth chess competitions.
    Top 3 finishers in each section are qualified to become official representatives for:
    1) World Youth Chess Championship;
    2) Pan American Youth Chess Championship;
    3) North American Youth Chess Championship."

John,
    Are you agree with this amended version?
    I agree with the amended version

Blog Entries

I'd word it slightly differently, like:

Canadian Youth Chess Championship is a qualifier to international youth chess competitions.
    Top 3 finishers in each section are qualified to become official representatives as follows:
    1st) World Youth Chess Championship;
    2nd) Pan American Youth Chess Championship;
    3rd) North American Youth Chess Championship.

I still think something should go in there that any CYCC participant may become the Official Rep of Canada at one of these events if nobody higher-finishing is playing in their section.

Default Agenda Item Summary

The motion attempts to increase the stature of the CYCC by increasing the prizes it offers. Others felt the system needed more flexibility, especially given juniors sometime changing age groups between the time of a CYCC, and the Pan-American YCC or the North American YCC. Some wanted the Handbook to refer to the fact that non-winner juniors could also attend these events, even if not “ Official Can. Representatives “.

Is this summary generally satisfactory?

Bob

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123