Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: OCA/Trillium Grant Fiasco - Pt. 1/2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail Egorov View Post

Now it looks like you trying to threaten and blackmail me, publicly.

Thanks, I had my best laugh of the week at this. Public blackmail, nice. Can we call it whitemail? Clearmail? Not quite the same ring to it.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    Thanks, I had my best laugh of the week at this. Public blackmail, nice. Can we call it whitemail? Clearmail? Not quite the same ring to it.
    What is whitemail and clearmail lol? Maybe you should quite this chess business and become a comedian. Looks like you have real talent for it, and just maybe you will few counts here and there.

Thanks for a laugh, and just to be clear I wasn't laughing with you!

I am still puzzled why they keeping your at this organization after all this. Maybe they have something on common with you

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail Egorov View Post
    What is whitemail and clearmail lol? Maybe you should quite this chess business and become a comedian. Looks like you have real talent for it, and just maybe you will few counts here and there.

Thanks for a laugh, and just to be clear I wasn't laughing with you!

I am still puzzled why they keeping your at this organization after all this. Maybe they have something on common with you
    Obviously the joke went right over your head. Don't worry I'll make them simpler from now on.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    Obviously the joke went right over your head. Don't worry I'll make them simpler from now on.
    Obviously we missed it lol.

We are very glad to know, that you keep volunteering making fool of yourself. It is probably was not your original intention, but thanks for providing free entertainment.

Who knows, maybe you will soon find followers from your organization to follow your foot steps!

The CFC-Provicial Association relationship is not a chain of command. This is the case in Soccer where Quebec Soccer Constitution acknowledges that Quebec Soccer must follows all regulations of the Canadian Soccer Association.

When a Provincial Association affiliates with the CFC, there is no requirement that it recognized that it is of a lower rank then the CFC. The CFC is not legally authorized to give orders to the OCA, to dismiss the OCA Governors or to investigate the OCA. The CFC is also not responsible for the OCA actions.

For things to work the way you want, the CFC Constitution would have to be completely rewritten. If you centralize power too much, some provinces may leave the CFC. The CFC structure is not like the European model in which a Provincial association would be considered a non-sovering branch of the national Federation having the same relationship as a National Bank branch vs its Head Office. Too be clearer, the branches have no rights, their directors can be dismissed at will by the controlling Federation, the branch affiliation could be revoked in which case all players of this branch can no longer play any rated game without joining another branch that is affiliated.

This Grant is an OCA issue, no check has been made to the CFC. The CFC does not control the OCA. The soles power of the CFC is to revoke CFC the membership of some of the implicated individuals. We need conclusive proof of wrongdoing to do that but the Trilium Foundation itself, that has a far greater interest in this affair then the CFC, has let down.

Even under the CFC Code of ethics, it is unclear whether or not the actions of an OCA executive could be punished. The only action of the CFC was to rate some tournaments. This OCA business does not seems to be participating in the affairs of the Chess Federation of Canada.

I do not see any action that the CFC has to take. If you want a more centralized CFC, then you should ask a Governor to introduce a motion. I do believe that such a motion would fail miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by CFC Code of Ethics
    The purpose of this code of ethics is to set forth standards to which the conduct of players, organisers, arbiters, sponsors, and other individuals and entities participating in the affairs of the Chess Federation of Canada (CFC), including tournaments and other activities sponsored by or sanctioned by the CFC, should conform; to specify sanctions for conduct that does not conform to such standards; and to specify the proceduresby which alleged violations are to be investigated and, if necessary, the appropriate sanctions imposed.

Default Uno Momento, S'il vous plait.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Craft View Post
    Your comments make little sense, Mikhail. Do you not beleive that the Trillium issue was an OCA issue? To the best of my knowledge the Trillium grant was given to the OCA.
    I think I understand what Mikhail is saying. Here's what the CFC's Handbook says about provincial associations in the 'Definitions' section:

Quote Originally Posted by CFC Handbook
    DEFINITIONS

4. "Provincial Association" shall mean any organization in any Province of Canada, incorporated or unincorporated to which the Assembly of Governors has by vote granted affiliate status in recognition that the organization fulfills the following three conditions:

a) Has assumed the leadership of chess affairs in the Province in question;

b) Adequately represents the chess players within the province;

c) As an affiliated body it requires its members to also be members of the CFC or to pay the CFC an affiliation fee as determined by the CFC Board of Governors, for and only for, each member of the affiliate who is not also an individual member of the CFC [as amended by motion 84-37; see GL, August 1984, p. 11]
    I think Mikhail is saying that the OCA has failed the chess players of Ontario with respect to points a) and b). I agree. What is the CFC doing about it? Why does the CFC continue to force the chess players of Ontario to be represented by an incompetent and unethical organization?

Are you suggesting the Board of Governors withdraw recognition of the OCA, Peter? That might prove an interesting vote since Ontario has around 50% of the Governors.

Are you suggesting the Board of Governors withdraw recognition of the OCA, Peter? That might prove an interesting vote since Ontario has around 50% of the Governors.
    and likely only 20% of that group would vote or even notice the motion...

Voting records have improved since the CFC abandoned the antiquated Governors' letter format and moved to regularly scheduled online meetings.

As you know, that wouldn't be appropriate without a lengthy investigation and debate. I am, however, pointing out that the CFC has criteria for what constitutes a provincial association that is acceptable to the CFC. It's extremely unlikely that the CFC has any process in place for initially determining the suitability of a candidate provincial association or for monitoring an association's suitability status over time. In other words, nice words in the Handbook but once again it's CFC/OCA status quo - nobody gives a damn.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast