Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OCA/Trillium Grant Fiasco - Pt. 1/2

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Liles View Post
    Some points:

1. Bob's report was posted in 2010 - see the first post in this thread;
    2. This had nothing whatsoever to do with the CFC since the Trillium Grant was to the OCA;
    3. Did you mean that you WOULD or WOULD NOT have done the report for free? I can't tell from what you wrote.
    4. I think Bob volunteered to pull together the information on the situation into one place (his report) and he is now recommending to the OCA that they post this info on the OCA website as a record of the events
    1. Whether it was posted in 2010 or 2012, it does not change the fact that it still didn’t not fix the problem.

2. The grant was a lot of money. Way more then CFC can make in years of collecting CFC dues. Are you are telling me so called governing body of had no interest in this matter? How can only OCA can get that kind of money and it disappears without a trace and CFC no nothing about it. It would be laughable if Government of Canada did not know if 100 of millions gone missing from Ontario government fund. I am pretty positive if it happened, they would not say: 'Hey, this has nothing to do with us.'. This is exactly you telling us here. No wonder money gone missing without a trace, and Chess is Canada is where it is at this time and trying to clean this mess up.

3. I would not, since I am was not part of CFC office at the time and was not directly involved in this!

4. Bob volunteered and kudos to him. The problem is, no one volunteered (not even from CFC office) to fix the mess when it was happening.

Hi Mikhail:

Just for the record, and since you have raised it, I did the report voluntarily, with no pay, and with no request from anyone in authority to do it.

As a member, I was embarrassed at the fiasco. But there seemed to be a lot of sloppy thinking by everyone around the issue, and it was caused to some degree, by lack of information. So I thought I could assist in everyone's evaluation by giving them a correct " statement of fact ", so at least we were all singing from the same hymnal ( I think I managed to keep a biased opinion out of the fact finding, except where I expicitly indicated I was giving my personal opinion ).

I'm not saying this to seek some credit - I did it without expecting any, and that is just fine. If it is helpful, I am repaid.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Volunterily or not, is your personal choice. It is not why this post was created.
    If you would like to discuss this issue, it can be discussed on separately new thead that can be started by you if you wish.

On this thread, just for the record that started by you we discussing why lots of money gone missing. People who were responsible, are not answering for what they did.

It is saddening that this organization, that flexes it's power against its members to show how much power and authority it has, can't fix serious issues when it is time show true authority.

This tells us that perhaps it does not have real authority after all, and only trying to show by flexing it's fake muzzles against minority.

It is quit sad in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
    Hi Mikhail:

Just for the record, and since you have raised it, I did the report voluntarily, with no pay, and with no request from anyone in authority to do it.

As a member, I was embarrassed at the fiasco. But there seemed to be a lot of sloppy thinking by everyone around the issue, and it was caused to some degree, by lack of information. So I thought I could assist in everyone's evaluation by giving them a correct " statement of fact ", so at least we were all singing from the same hymnal ( I think I managed to keep a biased opinion out of the fact finding, except where I expicitly indicated I was giving my personal opinion ).

I'm not saying this to seek some credit - I did it without expecting any, and that is just fine. If it is helpful, I am repaid.

Bob

Blog Entries

Mikhail, why are you trying to make something that had nothing to do with the CFC part of some CFC conspiracy theory?

Also it is somewhat amusing that you are trying to tell Bob, who created this thread, what should and should not be discussed here...
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Hi Chris,

No one is trying to make anything here. My post is directly OCA/Trillium related, which is why this thread was created. Just raising a issue which was not resolved and still remains resolved after all.

What is amusing here, is that this issue is still not resolved and remains still unresolved after all this years. Which brings us to question, what kind of real power and authority does our organization have, if it can't solve such critical issues?

BTW, weren't you CFC President/CFC Governor at around the time that mess happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    Mikhail, why are you trying to make something that had nothing to do with the CFC part of some CFC conspiracy theory?

Also it is somewhat amusing that you are trying to tell Bob, who created this thread, what should and should not be discussed here...

Mikhail, when the CFC is a Confederation of Provincial Associations, why would the CFC be responsible for the behaviour of one of those Provincial Associations? This is, was and always has been an Ontario not a national issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Craft View Post
    Mikhail, when the CFC is a Confederation of Provincial Associations, why would the CFC be responsible for the behaviour of one of those Provincial Associations? This is, was and always has been an Ontario not a national issue.
    In every other major organization, when things like this happen, it is usually called ‘corruption’. I do not know, what you guys call this here. Perhaps charity donation to some unknown person to buy a few new cars or new condo perhaps!

Yes, why would CFC be involved when over hundred of thousand dollars gone missing and only $2.00 left and no one at fault. It just simply disappeared? No records nothing. Why would anyone at CFC care about such thing?

I doubt Canadian government would apply such logic, if every this thing happened with Ontario Government. They will know exactly who has the money, when it was received and keep them accountable if it gone missing. Most likely it will not, because they would not allow millions gone missing without trace or notice. I guess this is one of big difference between National government and this one.

Mikhail

Mikhail,
    To put it politely you have absolutely no clue about the relationship between the provincial associations and the CFC. It appears as well that you have little knowledge of how the federal and provincial governments operae in the Canadian federation.

Of course, neither of these topics really interests you. It appers you are just trying to be a rabble-rouser. Carry on if that is your goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Craft View Post
    Mikhail,
    To put it politely you have absolutely no clue about the relationship between the provincial associations and the CFC. It appears as well that you have little knowledge of how the federal and provincial governments operae in the Canadian federation.

Of course, neither of these topics really interests you. It appers you are just trying to be a rabble-rouser. Carry on if that is your goal.
    Hi Ken,

After reading this thread and your post I do know one thing. The relationship between CFC and provincial association is at complete mess or it seems like there is no relationship at all here (based on information you and others from CFC repeatedly provided here).

The only thing people at CFC seems to be good at is insulting others and telling everyone else who knows absolutely nothing. After such a mess and so much money gone missing, who are they to tell them who knows what and who has the knowledge.

It also appears that CFC know better then anyone else here. They just can't to resolve this very important issue here, after 6 or so years!

Seems you guys is only know how to insult others and tell them what they and do not know. You guys should carry on this, if it is on your agenda. Keep continue making circus out of this. It is chesstalk and free
    Of charge after all!
    Last edited by Mikhail Egorov; 02-10-2012 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail Egorov View Post
    It is chesstalk and free
    Of charge after all!
    This is not chesstalk.
    Like so many of your other comments, you are simply wrong.
    And that's all I have to say on the topic.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast