Posted by Junior Eric Hansen on ChessTalk:

January 25, 2010, 12:24 AM
Eric Hansen

Canadian Junior

Anybody know when the Canadian Junior will be? The World Junior's will be this August, earlier than usual, and therefore we probably have to hold it May or earlier. The fact that we haven't had a player in the previous two World Juniors is quite embarrassing, we need to change the trend. If there is no one who wants to run the event, then instead of waiting till last minute there should be some sort of criteria to pick the official representative who gets the hotel room + airfare. And in case some don't know, anyone can participate in the World Junior so the tournament isn't completely necessary. It's just frustrating the past few years I've been trying to play in our national Junior but it's typically announced last minute . I plan to play in the World's this year nevertheless, but I think the CFC needs to decide whether they want to fully support this dwindling tournament every year or dropping it altogether, as right now it only adds inconveniences to players and their schedules the way it's handled.