The Procedures' Committee is composed of myself, as Chair, and CFC President, Eric Vsn Dusen. It has 2 subcommittees, and both have been doing work during the last half of 2009. Here is an update on what each have done so far, and their projected work for early 2010:

1. The Governors’ Voting Modernization Subcommittee – myself as Chair, Lyle Craver and Chris Mallon – Chris Mallon and I entered into a discussion with Peter McKillop on the members’ CFC Chess Forum, where he had raised the possibility of “ on-line meetings “ for Governors. Now I have drafted a motion for Lyle and Chris to comment on, setting out a whole set of procedures that might be set up for the holding of quarterly on-line governors' meetings. I have asked them to give me a response by Jan. 15. On Dec. 16, I sought public input from the governors/members, on the CFC members' CFC Chess Forum, to see if the motion can be improved. There were numbers of " views " and some suggested improvements, which I will incorporate into the motion. After Jan. 15, we will then revise the motion as required or desired, and then forward it as our report to the Procedures’ Committee. Eric and I will then have to decide what to do with the motion.

2. The AGM Modernization Subcommittee.- myself as Chair, Chris Mallon and Jason Lohner – Jason has forwarded to me a model for an AGM which would combine some on-site meeting with participation of governors across the country through computer hook up, if I understand him right. It can involve as well some audio hook-up. I am unfamiliar with the technology he is suggesting and have advised I will need fuller explanation to get me up to speed. In the meantime, Chris is also working independently on his proposed model. I am awaiting his forwarding it to me. When I get his model, we will look at the two of them as options and try to rank them, and detail how they would work. We would then seek governor/member input into our models, to see if any others arise, or ours can be improved. For example, Maurice Smith, three time past president, who has chaired many an AGM, has indicated to me that he likely would like to make submissions on this issue, since he has some basic elements he feels need to be maintained re an AGM – he was unsure when he would do this. We hope that he and others will submit ideas, or post them here, when we get to the public consultation phase. We will then be in position to revise the report as required. Then we will send the report to the Procedures’ Committee, where again, Eric and I will have to decide how to proceed further with the report.

Bob