Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for Michael von Keitz

Default Question for Michael von Keitz

From another thread:

Hi Peter,

Please contact the President of the Ontario Chess Association, Chris Mallon, and the Vice-President, Michael von Kietz for further updates regarding the Investigation Report.
    Ottawa RA Chess Club Executive

Well, Michael, it looks like the big shots have passed the buck to you. Is there really an "Investigation Report" and can the general chess public expect to see it published soon? Do you have an ETA for publication?

The report, drafted by me, was reviewed by Eric. I have forwarded my report, along with Eric's comments, to Chris Mallon. Further steps depend on the President's chosen course of action.

Blog Entries

Prepare to be underwhelmed, Peter. I'm pretty sure you could get more information by reading the minutes of the last two OCA AGMs.

I've requested clarification on a couple of points before I actually publish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon
    Prepare to be underwhelmed, Peter. ...
    Chris, when it comes to dealing with the CFC and OCA, I'm always ready to be underwhelmed. When and where do you expect to publish the report?

Blog Entries

I'm not sure, still waiting on those two things. Probably shouldn't take long.

... Probably shouldn't take long.
    How now, brown cow?

... Probably shouldn't take long.
    OK, boys. It's time to publish your findings or get off the pot. The use (or abuse, depending on your point of view) of the proceeds from the Trillium grant occurred primarily (entirely?) during the OCA's 2006 and 2007 fiscal years. The OCA's fiscal year-end is March 31st. Therefore, it's been 2 years and 8 months since the 2007 fiscal year-end. That's plenty of time to investigate what happened to those monies ($120,000 in total), arrive at a conclusion as to whether the monies were spent in accordance with the Trillium Foundation's approval conditions (and if not, why not), and publish your findings.

How about it?

.... Probably shouldn't take long.
    Well? How long do you intend to dither?

.... Probably shouldn't take long.
    From the Trillium Foundation's website:

Ontario Chess Association Inc.
    $120,000 over two years to pilot an integrated chess program in York Region, which will provide children and youth with an alternative recreational experience and build their critical thinking and tactical skills.

I'm looking forward to publication of the long overdue report on how the proceeds of this grant were used.

Chris, what was your position within the OCA during their 2006 and 2007 fiscal years?

Meanwhile, back at the chess board, the good old CFC continues to force people to be members of the OCA if they want a CFC membership.

I think Peter deserves some answers to his queries.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast