Thread: Two lawsuits against USCF dismissed

Default Two lawsuits against USCF dismissed

One lawsuit from Sam Sloan and another from Gordon Roy Parker were tossed out...

http://gambit.blogs.nytimes.com/2008...-is-dismissed/

Interestingly, Susan Polgar is suing the USCF, Sam Sloan and four other board members, claiming libel, slander, business disparagement, among other things... seeking $25million in damages... wow!

both sam sloan and gordon r parker need their heads checked. Anyone having any dealings with either of these two online in the usenet chess newsgroups would know what I mean. If anyone reads the chess newsgroups I would highly recommend adding those names to their 'twit filter'

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Lohner
    both sam sloan and gordon r parker need their heads checked. Anyone having any dealings with either of these two online in the usenet chess newsgroups would know what I mean. If anyone reads the chess newsgroups I would highly recommend adding those names to their 'twit filter'
    Absolutely... the two of them are the source of a lot of drivel (entertaining as that might be on occasion...) They are the reason I stopped even reading rec.games.chess and variants.

Nevertheless, in the U.S. obviously anyone can launch a lawsuit and tie up the resources of the target. Clearly the lawsuits were ill-formed and one was outright rejected, the other was just told it was not suitable and might rear its ugly head again.

I suspect Susan Polger has the resources to file a proper suit; I doubt Sam Sloan makes enough money as a cab driver to pay the $25mil if it comes down to that... I am sure her lawsuit was basically a counter-suit for defensive purposes and she may decide now to drop it. Dont know really.

Better than General Hospital...