Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lawrence Day will write every month in the CCN

Default Lawrence Day will write every month in the CCN

I am pleased to announce that IM Lawrence Day will now treat us to an article every month in the newsletter. In my opinion Lawrence is the best in Canada and I look forward to his monthly articles.

Thanks Lawrence!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Ficzere
    I am pleased to announce that IM Lawrence Day will now treat us to an article every month in the newsletter. In my opinion Lawrence is the best in Canada and I look forward to his monthly articles.

Thanks Lawrence!
    Wasn't Spraggett supposed to contribute something? Hopefully it would be annotations to a game rather than the usual rubbish on his blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Ficzere

Thanks Lawrence!
    This is great news. I seem to recall that Lawrence dropped out of the webzine because of not having proper support, particularly in the technical area. Congrats Tony. Keep up the good work.

Steve

Kevin had an article for the first issue only. I am trying to get articles from other GM's and IM's from Canada as well. Lawrence will be the only regular columnist for now.

Default Tech support

Lawrence did not drop out of the Webzine project because of lack of technical support.

I spent a great deal of time and money working with Lawrence as his technical assistant.

I never received a penny of the $1000 retainer I was promised. Moreover, Lavin published in the CFC governor's newsletter (President's report) that I was not up to the job from a technical standpoint. (A money saving action...but a lie nevertheless)

Bill Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Evans
    Lawrence did not drop out of the Webzine project because of lack of technical support.

I spent a great deal of time and money working with Lawrence as his technical assistant.

I never received a penny of the $1000 retainer I was promised. Moreover, Lavin published in the CFC governor's newsletter (President's report) that I was not up to the job from a technical standpoint. (A money saving action...but a lie nevertheless)

Bill Evans
    I have to ask the obvious question! After that shabby treatment, why the hell would you have anything to do with the CFC? I resigned as a governor simply because Lavin acted unilaterally to sack Gillanders and the rest of the E.D./office/web staff. I didn't even know about your involvement and the screwing over you received... I couldn't resign fast enough.

Blog Entries

Bill, any member of last year's executive can confirm for you that it most definitely was NOT a money saving action. As for the $1000... the CFC also did not receive what was promised from the arrangement.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Evans

Bill Evans
    I meant no disrespect to you at all and apologize if I have misrepresented the situation. My comment was not about you but was about the previous administration.

Steve

Obviously Lavin lied to the executive as well. No big surprise.

Blog Entries

That is in no way obvious, Bill - what exactly did he lie about? Where is your evidence?

The executive as a whole reviewed what work you did do, and decided to look for other options. Lawrence decided that he would not work without you and so that was that.

If you want to write slanderous comments, go get yourself a blog - maybe Kevin Spraggett will link to it and give you some tips. This board is not the place for them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast