Thread: Website infestation and Google

Default Website infestation and Google

Recalling the CFC website suffering lately from a Google notice that it was infested and the subsequent long delay in getting that sorted out, I noticed this morning that the MHL hockey website (http://www.hockey.on.ca/) had a similar notice from Google.

I looked at the source for the main page of that site and it contained numerous references to what Google was complaining about: using a script from a known suspect domain in .ru land. I alerted the executive director of the MHL and he assured me they were aware of the issue and were on it.

Now, less than 8 hours later, the site no longer has those references (that part is easy) BUT Google no longer complains!! The CFC website people ought to contact the MHL and ask them how they coerced Google into rescanning the cleaned up site...

I just visited chess.ca and received the same old Google warning that has been there for weeks or is it months?!

Just a thought...

Default That's interesting......

Kerry,

I just forwarded your post to Gerry, Eric, and Stijn. Maybe they will call the MHL and get some advise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Liles
    Now, less than 8 hours later, the site no longer has those references (that part is easy) BUT Google no longer complains!! The CFC website people ought to contact the MHL and ask them how they coerced Google into rescanning the cleaned up site...
    Probably they offered to advertise through Google in exchange

By the way, the chess.ca removed links/request to the SQL database (that how tey were called). Thus, more than 2 month were required to solve the issue.