Thread: Final Chess Masters ( Grand Slam )

Default Final Chess Masters ( Grand Slam )

I was watching the games " Live " on the official website. I went away for lunch. When I came back, the game between Carlsen and Ivanchuk had stopped at move 26. I tried to refresh the page, and then the board showed no games , when the Aronian - Topalov game was still in progress.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know what's happening?

Bob

Default Carlsen lost

According to Susan Polgar's blog ...

Hi Kerry:

Yeah, I knew that - I was listening to and watching intermittently, World Chess Live, with Larry Christiansen commentating. But I was wondering if the official site develped some problem. Also, Topalov is losing to Aronian, down a P.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob Armstrong; 09-09-2008 at 02:40 PM.

Default All OK Again

Don't know what happened, but the official site is now showing all the games again on " live broadcast ". Must have been some type of momentary glitch.

Bob

Default Grand Slam - Rd. 7

Both Carlsen and Topalov lost today, but stayed in first and second place. The Carlsen-Ivanchuk game is posted on the chess website, Chess5 ( www.chess5.com ). On the homepage, click on " Public Games " to get the September list of games. Find the game on the list, and click on " View ". You will get a board and the score ( it can take a few seconds for the game to load ) and can play it over then and there.

The standings after 7 rounds are ( using the unique Bilboa scoring system ):

1. Carlsen - 11 pts.
    2. Topalov - 10 pts.
    3. Aronian - 9 pts.
    4. Ivanchuk - 8 pts.
    5. Anand ( reigning World Champion ! ) - 6 pts.
    6. Radjabov - 6 pts.

And in Rd. 8 tomorrow, it is head to head with the leaders - Topalov-Carlsen.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob Armstrong; 09-09-2008 at 04:00 PM.

Default Grand Slam - Rd. 8

In Rd. 8, Veselin Topalov ( Bulgaria ) , in second place, defeated Magnus Carlsen ( Norway ), then in first place. Topalov attacked Carlsen's Sicilian Dragon, sacking 2 pawns in the process. He then got a " winning " advantage, gained back the 2 pawns, then went up a P, and went on to win. The game, with analysis, is posted on the chess website, Chess5 ( www.chess5.com ). On the homepage, click on " Public Games " to get the September list of games. Find the game, and click on " View " and you will get a board and the score, to play the game over then and there ( it will take a few seconds for the game to load ).

Levon Aronian ( Armenia ) defeated World Champion, Viswanathan Anand ( India ) to jump into second place.

Vassily Ivanchuk ( Ukraine ) defeated Teimour Radjabov ( Azerbaijan ) to gain a tie for 3rd / 4th with Carlsen.

The standings now are ( using the unique Bilboa scoring system ):

1. Topalov - 13 pts.
    2. Aronian - 12 pts.
    3. Carlsen - 11 pts.
    4. Ivanchuk - 11 pts.
    5. Anand - 6 pts.
    6. Radjabov - 6 pts.

Bob