Thread: Newsletter Omissions: September & October

Default Newsletter Omissions: September & October

I received an email today from a reader who has pointed out a few events that should have received coverage in the newsletter.

In the first issue in September, there was no article on the Canadian Closed. This was a mistake by me. I should have at least reported on the results.

In the October issue, there should have been a report on the recently completed 1e Festival d'échecs de la Francophonie in Italy where two Canadians participated and finished well. These players were Jean Hebert and Paul St. Amand. Mr. Hebert finished in a tie for first with 6.5/9 I believe, and Mr. Amand finished with 5/9 which was good for a share of 7th-11th. Had I scoured the French side of chesstalk, I would have found enough information to put together a report. The fact that my French is poor is really no excuse.

I will try to eliminate such glaring errors in the future, and I ask the readers for their help in suggesting events that I might otherwise overlook. The newsletter should be providing coverage on Canadian players wherever they may be.

Regards,

Tony

Thumbs up Tony does it again!

Great 2nd issue Tony. Good content, professional looking, and on time!! again!

It's a big country, and a bigger world. So don't be too hard on yourself if the newsletter omits coverage of an event. I'm sure we will all understand.

Thumbs up

I'm 100% in agreement!

Everything I've seen so far has been outstanding. It's a worthy replacement to the magazine, and I look forward to getting my next copy. Bravo.

Maybe there is any chance to retrieve what was on the webzine and republish in the newsletters?