Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ordinary Member/Governor Dialogue

Default Ordinary Member/Governor Dialogue

Over the last while, a number of governors seem to have committed themselves to hanging out on a regular basis on this members' CFC Chess Forum. They are willing to dialogue with members on CFC issues, what members want from the CFC, how members view the CFC, and whatever else the membership might want to raise.

So visit this members' CFC Chess Forum on a regular basis to join in the discussions, to raise issues, to post your views for governors to respond to. It can only help the CFC to have greater member input.

Governor Bob Armstrong

Question I have a question

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Armstrong
    Over the last while, a number of governors seem to have committed themselves to hanging out on a regular basis on this members' CFC Chess Forum. They are willing to dialogue with members on CFC issues, what members want from the CFC, how members view the CFC, and whatever else the membership might want to raise.

So visit this members' CFC Chess Forum on a regular basis to join in the discussions, to raise issues, to post your views for governors to respond to. It can only help the CFC to have greater member input.

Governor Bob Armstrong
    Silence is golden? No complaints, I guess everyone is happy!

Where is the money from the sale of the condo? AFAIK, it is still being held in trust at the lawyers awaiting instructions from the executive. Many months ago, then Treasurer Mallon said the money would be sent to the Chess Foundation for safekeeping where it could earn interest. Has this been done? Perhaps Treasurer Smith could give us an update.

This is neither a complaint nor a criticism, merely a question!

This Board should be closed in favour of re-routing traffic to the original Canadian Chess board, Chesstalk. There was no poular demand for this board and it has served no useful purpose when we had a perfectly valid vehicle at Chesstalk. Cooperation not competition is what the Canadian chess community needs.

Blog Entries

So Ken, you want Governors to do "private" discussion and voting on Chesstalk?

I'm all for cooperation but that might be going a little far.

Default Money From Sale Of Condo

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gillanders
    Silence is golden? No complaints, I guess everyone is happy!

Where is the money from the sale of the condo? AFAIK, it is still being held in trust at the lawyers awaiting instructions from the executive. Many months ago, then Treasurer Mallon said the money would be sent to the Chess Foundation for safekeeping where it could earn interest. Has this been done? Perhaps Treasurer Smith could give us an update.

This is neither a complaint nor a criticism, merely a question!
    The money was transferred to the Foundation September 16th. I believe this was a decision of the previous Executive. I found out the day it was transferred. Well at least it is in a safe place. If only the interest rates would start to climb.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Smith
    The money was transferred to the Foundation September 16th. I believe this was a decision of the previous Executive. I found out the day it was transferred. Well at least it is in a safe place. If only the interest rates would start to climb.
    It most certainly was NOT the decision of the previous exec - and if it had been, it would have happened way before September! So don't try to pass that one off, please.

As it happens, I do agree that it should be in the Foundation, however such a move is explicitly in the purview of the Governors, not the executive.

Default Thanks for the update.....

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Smith
    Thanks for the update Maurice. As for interest rates, I have a mortgage to pay, so I'm quite happy to see them remain low.

Could you tell us the amount transferred?

Red face Chris, review your budget!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon
    It most certainly was NOT the decision of the previous exec - and if it had been, it would have happened way before September! So don't try to pass that one off, please.

As it happens, I do agree that it should be in the Foundation, however such a move is explicitly in the purview of the Governors, not the executive.
    Chris, please review the 2010 budget in GL6 prior to AGM.
    It clearly indicates that condo proceeds of 75k were earmarked for the Foundation. (ie. 155k + 75K).
    Last edited by Bob Gillanders; 09-27-2009 at 09:49 PM.

Blog Entries

Earmarked perhaps, but that's very different from giving the order for it to be done.

Not to mention the budget was apparently not approved at the AGM.

I meant the PUBLIC portion of the Board, Chris. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast