Thread: Question for Eric Van Dusen

Default Question for Eric Van Dusen

Hello, Eric. Will your report with respect to the Trillium grant to the OCA see the light of day, as promised? I see in another thread that Barry Thorvardson is involved with the Foundation. Personally, I find that fact disturbing.

The Foundation issue was discussed at the 2009 CFC AGM. The CFC Executive has been actioned to investigate the issue of the removal of Thorvardson from the Foundation.

With regards to the Trillium Report, Michael Von Kietz has written a first draft. The other committee members, Egis and myself are reviewing the first draft in order to give comments. All I can report at this point is that this report will be submitted to the OCA Executive, which will approve the report and publish it.

I should mention that I am currently canvassing members of the EOCA to replace me as OCA Secretary as I am quite busy with my duties as CFC President. As I am the only member currently from the EOCA, I believe it is important that the EOCA continues its representation at the OCA level.
    Eric Van Dusen
    CFC Past-President 2010-2011

Default When?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Van Dusen
    ... With regards to the Trillium Report, Michael Von Kietz has written a first draft. The other committee members, Egis and myself are reviewing the first draft in order to give comments. All I can report at this point is that this report will be submitted to the OCA Executive, which will approve the report and publish it. ...
    Is there an estimate of when the report will be published?

Hi Peter,

Please contact the President of the Ontario Chess Association, Chris Mallon, and the Vice-President, Michael von Kietz for further updates regarding the Investigation Report.
    Eric Van Dusen
    CFC Past-President 2010-2011

Blog Entries

Heh. Don't bother contacting me... all I know is what I've read here!

Default Two Presidents, a Governor and a Secretary All Pass the Buck

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon
    .... Don't bother contacting me... all I know is what I've read here!
    Ain't it the sad truth!

What happened to $120,000? If memory serves correctly, it was over a year ago, either here or on ChessTalk, that EVD said he was on top of this investigation with a full report to be available by the OCA's 2009 AGM. Here we are, almost 6 months after the AGM, and people are still passing the buck.

Well, hell , we're still waiting for GL #2.