Thread: CFC Newsletter - first issue

Default CFC Newsletter - first issue

Just received this in email... Congratulations Tony! Brilliant.

I have only had 10 minutes or so to look through it, but I think it is a great start.

Got mine today too. Kudos to Tony but also to the CFC Executive for getting this done, this well, and this quickly.

Steve

Default Email address required

As of today 1,596 members should have been emailed their Newsletter, but CFC database only had 886 emails of which about 50 of those bounced (now cleaned out).

Please have your local clubs collect and submit email addresses for CFC members. If you did not get your September Newsletter and you are a member, it is likely the CFC is looking for your email address to send you the monthly newsletters.

Thanks to Tony's work and the CFC Executive.

Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Litchfield
    As of today 1,596 members should have been emailed their Newsletter, but CFC database only had 886 emails of which about 50 of those bounced (now cleaned out).

Please have your local clubs collect and submit email addresses for CFC members. If you did not get your September Newsletter and you are a member, it is likely the CFC is looking for your email address to send you the monthly newsletters.

Thanks to Tony's work and the CFC Executive.

Gerry
    Hi Gerry:

Thanks for your work with this. My own view is that the CFC should start looking very strongly at the club levels for getting out their message. For those that want to play OTB chess, clubs are where it's going to be, and the benefit to the club member is a newsletter such as this, plus an internationally recognized rating. I can't see how the CFC can compete on the internet, except in partnership with something like ICC. The watch-phrase with respect to membership has to be "value-added".

Steve