Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NAYCC 2025 Bids May 4 deadline for submission of bids to CFC

Blog Entries

Clearly everyone that I have talked to about NAYCC was informed that we thought that a substantial payment to the youth fund was warranted. You cannot claim that such elements of your bid are proprietary as those proprietary elements that I cared about appeared in bids from people that I did not talk to. This is not rocket science. I have given everyone a similar first email to the one I gave you. We can agree to disagree.

I need to correct one of my statements. The hosting obligations for this tournament include 12 players plus an HoD per Federation, totalling 39 people. In addition, the previous year's champions are entitled to free room and board (or 60% thereof), and that is only another 12 people, not 36. My bad. So the total exposure is 39+12 = 51 people.

It may be worthwhile checking with the USCF about their $200 surcharge. If that remains in force it could reduce the US participation.

In any case, I hope the bidding and the event goes well. The new CCA fees are a bit of a shock.

Blog Entries

We are talking to the U.S. often and productively.

Even if everyone shows up you are only paying 60%. It used to be 100% so the balance on this question at least has shifted in favour of the organizer. You typically get all of the Canadian, all of the U.S. players and a few Mexican players who may be living in the U.S.

Dear Vlad,

Please be reminded that, as the president, you do not speak on your behalf. This is not a social media platform. You are assumed to be speaking for, and writing and publishing on behalf of the CFC. That means, all the executive are assumed to have authorized and are endorsing your statements.
    Olga Mushtaler, Lyle Craver, Fred McKim, Victor Plotkin, Christina Tao, Veronica Hitchlock, Mark Dutton and Patricia Gamliel: you are responsible for the President's statements.

Thank you
    Mahmud

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmud Hassain View Post
    Dear Vlad,

Please be reminded that, as the president, you do not speak on your behalf. This is not a social media platform. You are assumed to be speaking for, and writing and publishing on behalf of the CFC. That means, all the executive are assumed to have authorized and are endorsing your statements.
    Olga Mushtaler, Lyle Craver, Fred McKim, Victor Plotkin, Christina Tao, Veronica Hitchlock, Mark Dutton and Patricia Gamliel: you are responsible for the President's statements.

Thank you
    Mahmud
    Not necessarily. Sometimes I speak on behalf of myself. Sometimes I speak on behalf of the CFC. You have withdrawn your bid so it is not relevant any more. People do not get to mischaracterize communications with me. They will be corrected.

The idea that the executive would be consulted on my every statement is not a workable idea. Paralysis by committee is not the way the CFC or any functional enterprise can exist and be effective. The board will let me know when they think that I have gone too far. They are not shy about that and I welcome their input. I respect all of them. They do not control what I say and do. I do not control what they say and do. Somehow it all works as things do when women and men of ability and good intent work together for a common cause.
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 04-16-2024 at 01:41 PM.

Blog Entries

The final decision on which bid will be accepted rests with the CFC board of directors and the CCA (FIDE America) as the CFC may accept a bid but the CCA can still reject it. There are no plans for the CFC to submit a bid on its own behalf unless all bids are defective. Bids should include a budget that clearly indicates what you are paying for the playing site, what the accommodation costs are and other associated expenses. It doesn't have to be perfect but it should be reasonable. Some provision on behalf of the Youth Fund is expected and will be one of the criteria which we will use to evaluate your bid.

The CFC board of directors all have a fiduciary duty to the CFC and will decide based on the bid that is in the best interest of the CFC.
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 04-18-2024 at 07:15 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12