In 2016, after many contacts with potential organizers and in some cases even thinking we had an organizer for the tournaments we found ourselves in September 2015 not having organizers for the 2016 CYCC, CO and NAYCC. I got hard no's from people who put in bids when we decided to put in bids. Some of the Windsor parents and coaches got together and suggested that we put in bids with a large group of parents offering financial support if the tournaments lost money. Initially they were only interested in the two youth events but I told them that CYCC and CO were tied together. Recall that in 2015 there was no Canadian Open. We could not do that two years in a row. The three tournaments were a package for us and our sponsor but others were only interested in the youth tournaments.

As far as I recall that was the only time NAYCC was voted on by the voting members and that was because of the unique situation because it was part of a package that included CYCC/CO. No one wanted the Canadian Open as I recall. Some submitted bids did not meet the minimum requirements for CYCC (ie $150 per player to youth fund and tied to Canadian Open). Since that time we have worked closely with bidders to make sure that bids cover at least those basic conditions.