Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5A-3 Bids for National Events

Default 5A-3 Bids for National Events

This thread is for presentation of bids for national events. Please note that bids for national events are normally decided at the Annual meeting by the full Assembly.

This forum DOES allow attachment of documents in addition to written text here. Anyone interested in doing so should check with the president if they need assistance posting their attachments.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Craver View Post
    This thread is for presentation of bids for national events. Please note that bids for national events are normally decided at the Annual meeting by the full Assembly.

This forum DOES allow attachment of documents in addition to written text here. Anyone interested in doing so should check with the president if they need assistance posting their attachments.
    The forum is very limited in what attachments can be posted so we will likely have to do what we did before and have Don Parakin set up a link to the files on the CFC website.

Question 2024 Canadian Seniors Championship

Do we have a bid for 2024 Canadian Seniors Championship?
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    ... have Don Parakin set up a link to the files on the CFC website.
    Done. See LINK. This has my current (mis)understanding of the status of CFC championships for 2024/25/26. There's currently no active bidding that I'm aware of so there's no bid files to view. This is a public page. When bidding happens, the bid details will appear on a page intended for VMs only (like at the last AGM).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Don Parakin View Post
    Done. See LINK. This has my current (mis)understanding of the status of CFC championships for 2024/25/26. There's currently no active bidding that I'm aware of so there's no bid files to view. This is a public page. When bidding happens, the bid details will appear on a page intended for VMs only (like at the last AGM).
    We are working on bids for NAYCC maybe 3 or 4 bids and Canadian Seniors two bids I think. We need bidders to submit budgets with their bids especially the ones that go outside (need to be approved by FIDE America for example).

I also wish people would work with Tourism bureaus as this can often lead to some significant funds if they are tournaments that generate hotel room stays.
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 03-17-2024 at 10:52 PM.

Question 2024 Canadian Juniors Championship

Wasn't 2024 Canadian Juniors Championship awarded to Excelsior Chess Club?
    Please see: https://excelsiorchessclub.ca/our-to...adian-juniors/
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron View Post
    Wasn't 2024 Canadian Juniors Championship awarded to Excelsior Chess Club?
    Please see: https://excelsiorchessclub.ca/our-to...adian-juniors/
    Yes it was.

Ooops! 2024 Junior is now on the LIST.

I had heard that the Calgary Chess Club was interested for the Canadian Seniors 2024. Did they not submit a bid?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ian findlay View Post
    I had heard that the Calgary Chess Club was interested for the Canadian Seniors 2024. Did they not submit a bid?
    I do not believe that I have received that bid yet though if it came during the Candidates crisis it might have been lost in the fire hose flow of emails. They seemed to be seriously interested.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast