Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 10. Bids for 2023 and 2024 Events and beyond

I concur with Marc's opinion on this subject.

I am reading through the Guelph submission and I can't help but ask myself a few questions. The bid states that 100% of the entry fees will be given as prizes, if that is the case, I wonder how the tournament expenses will be covered. Perhaps they meant to say all entry fees after expenses. In fact, I was looking for the budget to help me answer that question but that was also nowhere to be found.

Cheers,

Marc Moisan, CD, PLog

Vlad,

Could you please post the bid for all Voting Members to see?
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron View Post
    Could you please post the bid for all Voting Members to see?
    Michael, this link has links to all 3 bids: https://www-files.chess.ca/cfc/bids/2025-co-cycc/

Quote Originally Posted by Don Parakin View Post
    Michael, this link has links to all 3 bids: https://www-files.chess.ca/cfc/bids/2025-co-cycc/
    Sorry, Don, if I was not clear enough...

I'm asking about a bid for 2024 Canadian Closed and Canadian Women's Closed.
    As far as know, there is only one bid for this event - from Excelsior Chess Club.
    As Vlad confirmed, the CFC Executive received this bid on July 1st, and the opening of this Meeting is the deadline for submitting bids for 2024 National Championships.
    I think, we need to discuss and approve this bid at this Meeting, because only 6 months left before the event starts and the prospective players need this time to properly plan their participation.
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Moisan View Post
    I am reading through the Guelph submission and I can't help but ask myself a few questions. The bid states that 100% of the entry fees will be given as prizes, if that is the case, I wonder how the tournament expenses will be covered. Perhaps they meant to say all entry fees after expenses. In fact, I was looking for the budget to help me answer that question but that was also nowhere to be found.

Cheers,

Marc Moisan, CD, PLog
    He has some sponsors lined up. With almost two years to showtime I would expect the winning bid will have additional sponsorship regardless of who that is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron View Post
    Sorry, Don, if I was not clear enough...

I'm asking about a bid for 2024 Canadian Closed and Canadian Women's Closed.
    As far as know, there is only one bid for this event - from Excelsior Chess Club.
    As Vlad confirmed, the CFC Executive received this bid on July 1st, and the opening of this Meeting is the deadline for submitting bids for 2024 National Championships.
    I think, we need to discuss and approve this bid at this Meeting, because only 6 months left before the event starts and the prospective players need this time to properly plan their participation.
    We received this bid and we also received a cancellation of this bid with the first indication that there might be interest in reactivating this bid coming in the AGM. On this evening I am submitting this and other events at a sport hosting conference that takes place in Ottawa next month.

Blog Entries

The bid arrived as a word document which the forum does not allow me to upload. In the case of a single bid, it goes to the executive. So far Victor Plotkin and I are the only members of the executive who have seen it.

Blog Entries

Default 2024 Canadian Women Closed Championship Bid

Tournament Name: 2024 Canadian Women Closed Championship
    9 rounds, 6 days; from March 27 to April 1, CFC and FQE membership required
    Date: Starts on Wednesday, March 27, 2024 @ 6pm
    Organizer: Excelsior Chess Club, 206-91 Skyway Avenue, Etobicoke, Ontario, M9W 6R5
    Endorsement: Chess Federation of Canada (CFC)
    Eligibility: Canadian residents having a CFC rating equal or greater than 1400
    Registration / Check - In:
    Advance registration on-line ends March 26 at 11:59 pm. Onsite registration 4:00pm – 5:00pm March 27
    Check-In: 5 pm – 5:30 pm on Wednesday, March 27, 2024
    Capacity: 40 players
    Time Control: 90 minutes + 30 seconds per move
    Format: 9 Rounds Swiss (using CFC regular rating)
    Sections: Open (rated CFC and FIDE)
    Schedule: March 27 @ 6pm, March 28 @ 11am and 5pm, March 29 @ 11am and 5pm, March 30 @ 11am, March 31 @ 11am and 5pm, and April 1 @ 11am. Please arrive at least 15 minutes earlier
    Entry Fees:
    Entry Fee: $ 200
    On site: $ 250
    Free entry for WGM / WIM
    Please pay the entry fee via e-mail transfer at contact@excelsiorchessclub.ca
    Prizes:
    • Prizes based on entries
    • Trophy for the Champion and medals for the first three places
    • All cash prizes are in Canadian dollars
    Byes: Zero-point byes only
    Arbiter: IA Hal Bond
    Special notes: in case of equality of points the ranking will be decided by tie-break using Buchholz system as the first tie-break
    Free Refreshments: water, tea, coffee
    Equipment: provided; 8 DGT boards available; live streaming on Excelsior website, and club premises (three monitors available)
    Other benefits: plenty of free parking available, large individual washrooms for female and male available, safety assured by security cameras, two separate cubicles of 8 players each available for the first 16 players playing the DGT boards, skittles room available if running under 88 players, Swiss Manager tool used for running the tournament, a team of experienced arbiters, microphone available, HVAC, quality wood boards and DGT 3000 limited edition clocks for all players, monitors used to post the pairings, results and rankings after each round, lot of food places and hotels nearby, TTC available and close to HYW 401, HYW 27, and HWY 427, music available before the tournaments start, friends, family or supporters allowed, free Wi-Fi, and a big commitment from the club’s team for providing participants with the best chess experience possible
    CFC and FQE membership: required; players can pay the annual CFC membership on-site ($ 48 / Adult, $ 32 / Junior)

Blog Entries

Default 2024 Canadian Closed Championship Bid

Tournament Name: 2024 Canadian Closed Championship
    9 rounds, 6 days; from March 27 to April 1, CFC and FQE membership required
    Date: Starts on Wednesday, March 27, 2024 @ 6pm
    Organizer: Excelsior Chess Club, 206-91 Skyway Avenue, Etobicoke, Ontario, M9W 6R5
    Endorsement: Chess Federation of Canada (CFC)
    Eligibility: Canadian residents having a CFC rating equal or greater than 2000
    Registration / Check - In:
    Advance registration on-line ends March 26 at 11:59 pm. Onsite registration 4:00pm – 5:00pm March 27
    Check-In: 5 pm – 5:30 pm on Wednesday, March 27, 2024
    Capacity: 60 players
    Time Control: 90 minutes + 30 seconds per move
    Format: 9 Rounds Swiss (using CFC regular rating)
    Sections: Open (rated CFC and FIDE)
    Schedule: March 27 @ 6pm, March 28 @ 11am and 5pm, March 29 @ 11am and 5pm, March 30 @ 11am, March 31 @ 11am and 5pm, and April 1 @ 11am. Please arrive at least 15 minutes earlier
    Entry Fees:
    Entry Fee IM: $ 100
    Entry Fee: $ 200
    On site: $ 250
    Free entry for GM
    Please pay the entry fee via e-mail transfer at contact@excelsiorchessclub.ca
    Prizes:
    • Prizes based on entries
    • Trophy for the Champion and medals for the first three places
    • All cash prizes are in Canadian dollars
    Byes: Zero-point byes only
    Arbiter: IA Hal Bond
    Special notes: in case of equality of points the ranking will be decided by tie-break using Buchholz system as the first tie-break
    Free Refreshments: water, tea, coffee
    Equipment: provided; 8 DGT boards available; live streaming on Excelsior website, and club premises (three monitors available)
    Other benefits: plenty of free parking available, large individual washrooms for female and male available, safety assured by security cameras, two separate cubicles of 8 players each available for the first 16 players playing the DGT boards, skittles room available if running under 88 players, Swiss Manager tool used for running the tournament, a team of experienced arbiters, microphone available, HVAC, quality wood boards and DGT 3000 limited edition clocks for all players, monitors used to post the pairings, results and rankings after each round, lot of food places and hotels nearby, TTC available and close to HYW 401, HYW 27, and HWY 427, music available before the tournaments start, friends, family or supporters allowed, free Wi-Fi, and a big commitment from the club’s team for providing participants with the best chess experience possible
    CFC and FQE membership: required; players can pay the annual CFC membership on-site ($ 48 / Adult, $ 32 / Junior)

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast