Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frequently Asked Questions

Hi Everyone,

I need to refresh this page more often. Most of you are catching onto how the JustGo membership system works, but not everyone.

If you are having trouble, please go back to the first post in this thread.
    Some basics are covered and covers most of the questions I am fielding.

Any more questions?

Ottawa Ontario National Master Former Gov.
    Blog Entries

I guess it's worth repeating here what Victor told me in the English Chat forum, that the CFC still offers free CFC Certificates for class players and Masters+ who meet certain standards (besides NA ones, no sure if those free).

Note to Bob G.: I think in the past I met the standard to get a National Master Certificate. I used the Contact the CFC option on the CFC website to try to get hold of you, to request I have such a certificate snail-mailed to me in Orleans, even though I am not a CFC member at the moment (may be useful for teaching chess 'in the sticks' [chess-wise], where no one's heard of me). I got no email reply from you so far for confirmation, but I hope a Certificate will still make it's way to my home. Regards, Kevin.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
    I guess it's worth repeating here what Victor told me in the English Chat forum, that the CFC still offers free CFC Certificates for class players and Masters+ who meet certain standards (besides NA ones, no sure if those free).

Note to Bob G.: I think in the past I met the standard to get a National Master Certificate. I used the Contact the CFC option on the CFC website to try to get hold of you, to request I have such a certificate snail-mailed to me in Orleans, even though I am not a CFC member at the moment (may be useful for teaching chess 'in the sticks' [chess-wise], where no one's heard of me). I got no email reply from you so far for confirmation, but I hope a Certificate will still make it's way to my home. Regards, Kevin.
    Hi Kevin,

We currently do CFC title certificates for National Master (NM) and National Candidate Master (NCM) only. There was never more than a handful of class certificates requested, so it was dropped when the old website died.

We no longer mail the certificates, but send it in pdf format via email. Much more efficient and no more mailing costs, so we dropped the $10 fee.

I have a few in the queue now which I'll get to later this week. I will add your name.

Bob

Ottawa Ontario National Master Former Gov.
    Blog Entries

Hi Bob

I still haven't received my Certificate for being a CFC National Master. I guess there may be a long queue?!
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12