Thread: 2009 WYCC - Head of Delegation and Coach

Smile 2009 WYCC - Head of Delegation and Coach

I am happy to announce that Andrei Botez has agreed to be the Head of Delegation/Team Captain for this year’s WYCC in Turkey. He is experienced in this role. His organizational skills will be of great help to other parents attending the WYCC for the first time. He has the intestinal fortitude to fight for the rights of our members of the Canadian youth team if any irregularities occur during the tournament.

Furthermore, I am happy to announce that Artem Samsonkin has agreed to be the coach of the team. While the CFC will be covering his expenses, Artem is volunteering his time with respect to his hours as coach. He considers it an honor to serve as coach to the WYCC team. He enthusiastic and eager to help our team members perform at the highest level.

There are many challenging aspects to the logistics with respect to this event. I want to thank the following on behalf of the CFC for their commitment and hard work: the Youth Coordinator, Michael Barron; the Vice-President, Stijn De Kerpel, Ellen Nadeau, and especially Gerry Litchfield at the CFC Office, who went way beyond his normal working hours to make sure that all of the registrations from the parents and the payment to the WYCC organizer went off without a hitch.

Three cheers for all of these people spend their free time to promote the game of chess we all love,
    Eric Van Dusen
    CFC Past-President 2010-2011

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Excellent news...

... and a start on the right foot for team Canada!