Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CFC Newsletter - Editor

Default CFC Newsletter - Editor

I am happy to announce that Tony Ficzere of Alberta has been the successful bidder among three bids to hold the position of Editor of the CFC Newsletter. The CFC is lucky to have Tony as editor as he has done an excellent job with the Alberta Chess Newsletter.

The Newsletter will be published on a monthly basis and distributed electronically. Please submit tournament reports, annotated games, club reports, reports on international events with participation by Canadians, chess humour, or anything you may find interesting about Canadian chess to Tony at the following email address: tficzere@telus.net
    Eric Van Dusen
    CFC Past-President 2010-2011

Hi Eric:

Great news. Congratulations on moving this file along so quickly after the AGM.

And congrads Tony.

Bob

Thumbs up Great news.

That's great news Eric. Tony is an excellent choice.

Thanks everyone.

The first issue will be available on September 21. It will feature articles by two players you all know well, namely Kevin Spraggett and Lawrence Day.

Don't be shy, write an article, send me your tournament reports, inform me of your upcoming tournaments, send me cash (never hurts to ask).

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Ficzere
    Thanks everyone.

The first issue will be available on September 21. It will feature articles by two players you all know well, namely Kevin Spraggett and Lawrence Day.

Don't be shy, write an article, send me your tournament reports, inform me of your upcoming tournaments, send me cash (never hurts to ask).

Tony
    Congratulations Tony! I am looking forward to the issue... incidentally, will it be mailed (only) to CFC members or will it be posted on the website [after a suitable delay ...] I am not sure when my CFC membership lapses...

Default CFC Making Progress

Hi Kerry:

With the CFC doing so well recently ( captain and coach for the WYCC team; e-newsletter editor in place, and first Issue due in 2 1/2 wks; executive working on a revised budget; attempting to get the Masters' Rep to develop some National Standards for the Closed, to be part of bids; getting Eric to strike an AGM Committee to modernize our AGM; getting onto the website virus thing in a timely fashion; Michael Barron's striking a CFC Youth Committee of organizers across the country to oversee the CFC Youth program; etc. ), surely you'll be renewing your membership !!

Not to mention, coming back as a govenor again next year !!

Bob
    Last edited by Bob Armstrong; 09-04-2009 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Liles
    Congratulations Tony! I am looking forward to the issue... incidentally, will it be mailed (only) to CFC members or will it be posted on the website [after a suitable delay ...] I am not sure when my CFC membership lapses...
    Thanks Kerry,

In my talks with Eric, we did not discuss a printed version (however, you will be able to print for yourself if you choose to). I think that down the road, this might be feasible, but for now it might be wise to take little steps and see what develops.

I think that providing a French newsletter (either a translation of this one, or an entirely independant one) should be considered as well.

Blog Entries

It's probably cheaper to produce an entire French newsletter than to pay a translator, ironically...

Assuming you can find someone who will edit it of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon
    It's probably cheaper to produce an entire French newsletter than to pay a translator, ironically...

Assuming you can find someone who will edit it of course.
    Not just cheaper, but it makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Ficzere
    Thanks Kerry,

In my talks with Eric, we did not discuss a printed version (however, you will be able to print for yourself if you choose to). I think that down the road, this might be feasible, but for now it might be wise to take little steps and see what develops.

I think that providing a French newsletter (either a translation of this one, or an entirely independant one) should be considered as well.
    I'm sorry - I meant to ask if it would be -emailed- only to CFC members... In other words, will there be a mass emailing to CFC members followed by posting it on the CFC website (say, a week or two later).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast